The Clinical Biomarker Scientist is responsible for developing and executing on translational strategies for the Oncology pipeline. This scientist works on various projects across all stages of drug development and will act as a key interface with the Translational Medicine group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating translational research and clinical development, developing a biomarker strategy in alignment with clinical development objectives, leading efforts for data generation, interpretation and communication to the development teams. The candidate will also be responsible for understanding the external research environment, partnering with discovery biology and other functions both internally and with external partners to coordinate the execution of deliverables.
- Effectively engages with development teams and technical/scientific experts to define, revise and progress translational/biomarker plans.
- Helps in the delivery of high quality biomarker strategies for target engagement, pharmacodynamic endpoints and patient selection, under the supervision of other biomarkers (where appropriate).
- Provides insight into novel ways to incorporate biomarkers into clinical designs to enable early understanding of emerging drug profiles.
- Effectively interfaces with the Translational Medicine group to obtain appropriate resources to deliver on biomarker goals.
- As appropriate, provides biomarker expertise to progress validated biomarkers into development of pharmacodiagnostic tools.
- MD or PhD, or equivalent advanced biology degree
- Experienced scientist with 7 years' experience in the drug development process.
- Deep understanding of the role of translational research/medicine and clinical biomarkers in drug development
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where speed is paramount
- Willing to work as a topic expert, outside of a traditional functional environment, in a team unified around serving the assets
- Ability to recognize, articulate, and accept calculated risks to make informed decisions
- Willingness and ability to effectively cooperate and partner with external providers and others within BMS
- Demonstrated experience in the appropriate application of various scientific technologies into translational research strategies
- Working knowledge of all functional areas of drug development, including, biology, toxicology, clinical development, diagnostic development, etc.
- Demonstrated scientific acumen and mechanistic understanding of disease biology
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.