Janssen Global Services LLC, a division of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence & Market Research, located in Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence & Market Research will be responsible for providing commercial and scientific intelligence & market research support to Oncology early and late-stage R&D, L&A, strategic marketing, and business development teams for Hematological Malignancies.
Associate Director, Competitive Intelligence & Market Research will:
- Work closely with commercial and scientific counterparts to provide integrated scientific and commercial competitive insights as well as collaborate with business development/L&A partners to help identify and conduct due diligence of early stage opportunities.
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the key scientific, clinical, regulatory and commercial issues in Oncology and apply this knowledge to develop competitive insights. The individual will need to communicate timely, critical scientific and/or competitor intelligence with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Insights would include but are not limited to in-depth analysis and profiles of key competitors as well as opportunity/market assessments. Primary intelligence is also a critical part of this role, which would include Medical Congress/Meeting coverage (attendance, development of coordinated strategies and plans for coverage, development of “playbooks” [i.e., comprehensive summary of key abstracts/posters/presentations and intelligence objectives], coordination with discovery and clinical scientists, leadership of team debriefs).
- As part of a global team this individual will also need to coordinate efforts with Regional and Operating Company in-line intelligence, market research & forecasting colleagues to create synergies and ensure alignment.
- Market research responsibilities will span internal development of early and late stage products, launch readiness plans for late stage products, and provide support for licensing and acquisition as required. Create effective partnerships with competitive intelligence, market research and other key partners that lead transparency, trust and sharing of knowledge.
- This position will report to the Director, Global Commercial Intelligence Leader, Hematology DAS with a dotted-line report to the Director, Competitive Intelligence Functional Excellence & Director HEM-DAS analytics.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A minimum of 8 years of business/competitive intelligence, market research, related analytics (forecasting, finance, sales analytics, medical information) or strategic consulting experience is required.
- An MBA or other advanced degree (Pharm.D., MD, PhD) with 3-5 years of business/competitive intelligence or related analytics experience is strongly preferred.
- Direct Oncology experience is preferred.
- Position requires strong leadership, project and process management in order to drive business results.
- Working knowledge of key secondary resources to gather intelligence required.
- Ability to gather, analyze and translate scientific and commercial information into actionable intelligence is also required.
- Has a demonstrated track record of working effectively across functions/organizations.
- Must be able to influence and impact others through building and defending arguments.
- Strong presentation, communication, interpersonal, and organization development skills required.
- This position is based in Raritan, NJ and will require domestic and international travel as needed.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)Job Function