Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Position will be responsible for the development of above-brand segment strategies and tactics related to IDS, Hospital and Post-acute customers in support of the customer facing account teams and payer/brand marketing. This role will serve as an expert on segment trends, customer needs, business opportunities as well as flow of business. The position is based out of Upper Gwynedd, reporting directly to Executive Director of IAM Strategic Insights group.
- Develop strategic framework, through application of Merck Marketing principles, for in depth assessment of customer segment (market segmentation, leverage points and gaps/ opportunities) to address current and future market evolution
- Identify gaps and opportunities, and make actionable recommendations for evolution of strategy and resources
- Provide input into brand/payer marketing teams and innovation team to incorporate segment trends, customer point of view and related implications into planning and strategy
- Serve as expert on segment-specific trends, related business models (e.g., dollar flow), and "voice of the customer'
- Support above-brand segment engagement strategies and associated resources for Integrated Account Management customer-facing teams; work closely with Point Directors for feedback and insight on approaches
- Coordinate with Strategy & Planning team to inform long-term strategies given US Market trends and future product portfolios
- Required: BA/BS Degree
- Preferred: MBA or other advanced degree
- Minimum of 5 years combined marketing, marketing/sales support or account management/sales
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic planning and business planning skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to assess a variety of scenarios, strategically and operationally
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Understanding of macro US healthcare trends and stakeholders
- Strong proactive leadership skills and ability to collaborate across the organization
- Ability to influence without authority
- Commitment to compliance
- IDS/Hospital/Post-acute customer & segment knowledge and experience
- Account management experience
- Marketing strategy development experience, e.g., Merck Customer and Business Marketing (MCBM) tools development
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement