Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
This is an exciting opportunity responsible for defining the digital strategy for the Sales & Marketing group and leading a development/support team to deliver solutions that align to their business objectives. The projects undertaken by this group touch global customers every day and shape the way Otis sales representatives conduct business.
The person in this role will be responsible for the delivery of technical solutions and for managing, mentoring & leading a team of onsite staff & offshore contractors.
This role will report to the Executive Director of Global Sales and Service Systems. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and lead a team to develop new, digital global solutions leveraging agile methodology for the sales and marketing team including Otis field engineers
- Manage and lead a team to maintain, enhance a global application that services internal and external customers for the development of elevator/escalator proposals
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing team to define the digital strategy outlining required projects that aligns with their business objectives. Prioritize projects to align
- Develop, maintain and communicate a thorough budget for $5M+ worth of projects
- Develop KPIs and maintain high customer satisfaction for project delivery & system performance
- Present and communicate effectively to all levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical audiences, Senior Leadership and external stakeholders)
- Provide leadership to a team for the assigned projects, applications, and services
- Evaluate system needs, assign work to individuals, establish priorities and timelines, monitor and report on progress
- Identify resource utilization and implement changes to improve team effectiveness
- Oversee highly complex analyses of system requirements and of existing business processes and information systems.
- Facilitate design and code reviews
- Deliver valuable results in a fast-paced multi-project environment
- Experience in leading projects in Agile, Iterative, Incremental, and Waterfall SDLC development methodologies
- Significant large-scale project implementation experience
- Experience managing Offshore/Onshore development teams
- Strong knowledge of software development and implementation best practices
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing and complex environment
- Understanding of .NET, OOP, SQL, IaaS environments and infrastructure/web app development concepts
- VB or C# .NET development experience a plus, familiarity with performance management tools such as New Relic or Dynatrace
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Project Services a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field), with a minimum of 10 years IT experience
- MBA a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.