Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Collaborates with the Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) and others in the development and execution of Merck's global diversity and inclusion (GD&I) strategy including establishing the business strategy, annual operating plan, objectives, milestones, tracking mechanisms, and performance management processes for monitoring and reporting yearly results. Gains organizational alignment through the influence of business and Human Resources leaders across the enterprise
Critical to success is the proven ability to align the organization around a compelling business case through demonstrated business operating experience, relationship building expertise, and industry knowledge in diversity and inclusion in order to drive performance through a consultative, operating partnership with the human resource, business unit and business insights round-table leadership teams in order to become a trusted advisor to the organization.
A key enabler in the alignment and execution across the enterprise is an internal reputation management and branding communications strategy and external reputation management with respect to key influencers - industry, community, academic, non-governmental and governmental policy thought leaders. Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience, including:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in global diversity and inclusion initiatives and major projects, inclusive of the following examples: supplier diversity, employee resource group leadership, external partnership management and established business/community/governmental/non-governmental networks that provide critical marketplace and key influential access.
- Minimum 5 years of overall large corporate experience, with demonstrated ability to develop, execute and manage a global diversity strategy tied to a rigorous business case in a large global organization.
- Given the breadth and depth of on-going transformation, must have proven change management capability and ability to operationalize strategic initiatives
- Internal organizational development and the alignment of both senior and line business leaders
- Ability to negotiate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization through collaboration, consulting and building relationships with leaders.
- Global business or human resources experience
- Global business acumen: Strong global business acumen, global experience, and clearly understands the critical connection to the external marketplace, the impact to both the current and future business model and the strategic role of GD&I in driving the ROI of the organization.
- Global operating experience within a P/L position is a definite plus.
- Strategic relationship management: Identifies, partners, and leverages relationships with key external organizations / key influential leaders to drive business results while simultaneously enhancing the organization's reputation in the area of corporate social responsibility.
- Human Resource disciplines: Working expert in the areas of talent management, succession planning, compliance and workforce planning sufficient to identify key points of integration for the GD&I strategy.
- Communications and reputation management: Positively influences internal employee audiences around the GD&I business case and initiatives and has demonstrated expertise in the external strategic management of diversity/mainstream media and trusted national publications. Additionally, must have exceptional written and oral communication skills with a focus on both corporate and external leadership
- Multilingual communication is a plus
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement