Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The selected candidate will report into the Executive Director Processes, Operations & Strategy, and work closely with the Director of Economic Inclusion & Supplier Diversity, supporting both tactical and strategic projects while providing recommendations for operational excellence and sustainable processes. This role requires solid sourcing experience as it will be dedicated to supporting the Merck category managers in their efforts to grow Supplier Diversity at Merck and manage all Supplier Diversity internal reporting. This position is a great opportunity for an internal rotation or stretch assignment for a couple of years.
Roles and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- proactively engage w/ category CoEs for RFX, Source Recommendation Committee (SRC) and inclusion strategies (Supply Strategy Council, (SSC)) to drive performance toward set goals and targets;
- proactively engage w/ category CoEs and other key stakeholders for diverse spend reporting, category support & diverse supplier engagement;
- identify Small and Diverse owned suppliers that meet Merck requirements including cost, quality, and reliability.
- influence purchasing decisions through analysis, relationship building and securing alignment with Merck sourcing organization and key stakeholders.
- innovate to ensure Global Supplier Diversity objectives are met including incorporating best practices, Supplier development forums, and key customer and internal stakeholder engagement.
- ensure that, customer reporting, requests for quotation, and requests for proposals contain clear and accurate information on Merck's Global Supplier Diversity performance and strategies.
- encourage, influence and support strategic Suppliers to embed supplier diversity within their supply chain as far as is practicable.
- manage the creation of analytical reports to monitor diverse supplier utilization trends and performance to goals.
- provide insightful senior management level reporting and analysis.
- make continuous improvements to monitoring, reporting and systems to ensure accurate measurement of progress in reviewing and encouraging Small and Diverse Suppliers.
- support the establishment of Merck EI&SD strategies across European, Middle Eastern, and African countries as well as the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions where possible;
- manage the Tier 2 process;
- lead and manage the internal Supplier Diversity Leadership Council (SDLC) meetings;
- be the co-administrator for internal site communications
This role is focused on the internal aspect of the EI&SD work but occasional travel might be necessary to attend external events where Merck presence is required or for training purposes. Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree plus a minimum of 7 years' experience
- Minimum of 3 years in influencing in a corporate setting
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a sourcing / category manager
- Minimum of 3 years' Experience and/or commitment to Supplier Diversity
- Expertise in analyzing data, establishing trends, project management and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to bring a strategic business level approach to the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to manage and influence various levels of internal stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Adaptability in dealing with ambiguous and complex environments.
- Ability to effectively lead work within diverse cross-functional teams to achieve customer, department, and company goals.
- Experience in navigating through highly complex organizations
- Global Supplier Diversity and Tier 2 process experience
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement