Associate Director, Ethics and Compliance R&D
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Associate Director, Ethics and Compliance R&D in our Cambridge Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Associate Director, working on the Ethics and Compliance R&D team, you will be working with the Ethics & Compliance R&D Team to develop a R&D culture of ethics & compliance and assess compliance risks to design the R&D compliance approach, and a typical day will include:
- Provide on the ground consultation and as the primary point of contact for all R&D compliance related matters at the Boston site. Compliance relevant activities include engagement of healthcare professionals, R&D advisory board submissions, sponsorship requests, Takeda participation in local/national and international conferences/symposiums, conflicts of interest issues, interactions with patients/patient organizations and medical education grants and items.
- Providing strategic input into Global Ethics & Compliance Policies and SOPs that affect R&D employees/contractors, and affiliates.
- Deliver guidance to R&D employees/contractors, and affiliates on interpretation of Code of Conduct, Ethics & Compliance Policies, relevant SOPs, guidance documents and other Ethics & Compliance program requirements.
- Provide compliance support for external partnerships for R&D from ethics & compliance perspectives.
- Responsible for leading and understanding evolving risks throughout the pharmaceutical pipeline cycle and ensuring adequate controls in place to mitigate those risks.
- Accountable for leading and directing the day-to-day ethics and compliance program for employees in Takeda’s R&D organization based in Boston.
- Partnering with organization leadership, this individual will champion and embed an enterprise-wide culture of ethics and compliance for the R&D.
- Along with Ethics & Compliance R&D colleagues, responsible for embedding the elements of an effective compliance program in the R&D organization including identifying, developing, and implementing training programs and strategies, policies and procedures
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s in life science/J.D./M.B.A. desired
- Minimum 8 years of experience in healthcare industry, a portion of which involves R&D
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with laws, regulations and industry guidance that affect the pharmaceutical industry including, but not limited to, PhRMA, IFPMA, and FDA regulations, healthcare standard operating procedures.
- R&D experience in Pharmaceutical Industry is a plus
- Demonstrated strong project and program management skills. Experience in leading cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Compliance certification is a plus
- 10% travel, some international travel may be required
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.