Associate Director Finance BST - MBO and P&S
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As a Associate Director Finance BST - MBO and P&S
, in Gaithersburg, MD
, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Director, MedImmune Finance will serve as the Global Business Partner for the Medimmune Biotech Operations (MBO) and Partnering & Strategy Organizations (P&S). The MBO function, led by the Chief Operating Officer (COO), provides global support for Medimmune Research and Development in four areas: Pipeline Management, Site Operations, Training & Competitive intelligence, and Global Business Planning & Operations. The P&S function includes Externalization projects and Government Program Management. This role reports directly to the Vice President, MedImmune Finance. This role will serve as the key finance contact for this area of the business and drive all required decision support activities as well as financial planning, reporting, and analysis. This Finance Leader is expected to develop a deep understanding of the business and become a highly valued business partner able to influence the R&D Leadership in a collaborative fashion. Finally, this role is expected to lead a variety of projects which may span well beyond the assigned function.
- Global Head of Finance for Medimmune Biotech Operations and Partnering & Strategy Functions. Member of the MedImmune Finance senior leadership team.
- Member of functional client senior leadership teams.
- Manage global activities for assigned business units operating from California, Maryland, and Cambridge, UK.
- Coordinate, prepare, and communicate the quarterly forecasts, annual operating plan, and annual update to the 10 year strategic plan.
- Oversee the monthly financial close process for client functions.
- Review, analyze, and report on monthly financial results.
- Provide financial modeling, analysis and decision support for all significant initiatives/decisions including Portfolio Valuations and Capital Investments.
- Interface with the Innovative Medicines and Global Medicines Development R&D finance functions as required to enhance communication, information flow, and alignment.
- Interact / coordinate routinely across all AstraZeneca Finance functions.
- Ensure compliance with all required accounting policies, procedures, standards, and processes Accountable to maintain an effective internal control environment as established by MedImmune and AstraZeneca.
- Reports directly to the Vice President, MedImmune Finance with matrix reporting to the senior leaders in the global R&D functions
- 7-10 years of progressive finance management experience, including team leadership / supervision. Demonstrated business partnering success interacting with, and influencing Executive Leadership.
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance.
- Master of Business Administration, or equivalent preferred.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a complex, global environment while appreciating and respecting cultural and organizational diversity.
- Organizational agility -- builds consensus through formal and informal channels and relationships; organizationally savvy
- Customer focus -- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Strong knowledge of financial modeling and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Intellectual and analytical capabilities -- deals exceptionally well with developing concepts and initiatives, complexity, ambiguity and multiple priorities.
- Decision quality -- makes good decisions on a timely basis; balances analysis, experience and judgment.
- Strong bias for action and results.
- Integrity and trust -- unwavering commitment to "doing the right thing"
- Motivating and developing -- creates a positive, direct environment that fosters teamwork, personal development and actionable feedback.
This role is considered very complex based on scale, scope, global nature, subject matter, client base, and diversity of responsibilities.
This role is a senior-level finance role in AstraZeneca and is expected to perform as a member of the AstraZeneca Finance Leadership Team in a collaborative fashion, with little supervision.
This role will require close partnership and interactions with other R&D Finance teams including Financial Planning & Analysis, off-site Decision Support, and Projects & Portfolio Finance. This role will be filled at Career Level FNext Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.