Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
MetLife’s Investments Department manages a diversified portfolio of public and private assets across fixed income and equity sectors, which include government and corporate bonds, structured finance, real estate and agricultural investments.
This position within Fund Management will be responsible for analysis, oversight and evaluation of MetLife’s US Separate Account investment managers including preparing and presenting manager proposals for approval to the Oversight Board.
- Assist in oversight of MetLife’s Separate Account investment managers by providing the head of US Fund Management with material support in talent development, unit functions and operations
- Work with senior management in developing, formalizing and refining best in class operating policies, governance structure, procedures and protocols.
- Support and partner with internal (e.g., compliance, risk, legal, insurance) and external (e.g., asset managers, auditors, data and system providers and custodial banks) constituents, in order to meet business objectives.
- Serve as the investment risk subject matter expert and help develop goals and metrics for success in this, and other areas.
- Manager Selection: Quantitative screening (e.g., performance evaluation, risk analysis, style consistency and peer group / benchmark comparisons). Qualitative evaluation (e.g., management, organization, personnel and culture).
- Review / analyze portfolio performance including: performance relative to benchmark / peers, quantitative independent analysis such as risk adjusted returns, regime specific performance, performance attribution by style, market cap, region, sector and factor.
- Prepare written board memorandum, recommendations and presentations for review by the oversight Board.
- 10+ years of investment experience; including a minimum of 7 years conducting Investment Manager Oversight and Selection gained through relevant pension / endowment / foundation / sovereign wealth fund / investment consulting / private wealth experience
- MBA and/or CFA preferred, other investment certifications a plus
- Strong quantitative and technical skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and drive results from team members
- Working knowledge of multiple investment strategies and asset classes
- Ability to work effectively with others across multiple departments, teams and levels
- Proficiency with investment analytics (e.g. Bloomberg, POINT, BondEdge, eVestment, Morningstar, Lipper)
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 42822