Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director of Global Business Development, Finance and Operations in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director of Global Business Development, Finance and Operations working on the Global Business, Finance and Operations team, you will be empowered to serve as an advisor and provide valuation and deal support to the organization. A typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
- Responsibility for improving financial controls related to Global Business Development (GBD) activities, transactions and budget.
- Working with VP Finance & Operations, GBD transaction leads, CEI, Global Finance, Tax, Treasury and Accounting to ensure proper execution, closing, monitoring and transition of BD transactions, including governance body approvals.
- Providing Strategic Project support for VP Finance and Operations and SVP GBD related to transactions reinforcing our core TA growth drivers and corporate objectives, including establishing and tracking our KPIs.
- Valuation and Deal support on an ad hoc basis to supplement business analytics team.
- Review and creation of valuation models, provide assistance to financial advisor oversight, provide exert guidance on financial / accounting implications, and provide PRC / BRC input as needed.
- Actively maximize GBD & GLM efforts and contribute to resolution of business issues – working with staff from Takeda functions (GLM, Global Finance, Legal and Supply Chain, etc) as well as staff from Licensee partners, as needed.
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Work with VP of Finance and Operations on continual improvement processes to ensure Takeda is making informed decisions on transaction / investment risk and reward trade-offs.
- Lead the development of financial plans and operating budgets, including MRP and MYC. Develop strategy, structure and guidance for submissions and coordinate with Global Finance Controller that manages budget systems and tracking. Manage review process with senior management and Corporate Finance.
- Meet with GBD Executives on a monthly basis to review strategies and initiatives supported by budgets. Develop working knowledge of activities for each functional area in order to design and implement solutions to streamline processes and create operational efficiencies.
- KPI’s: help coordinate and develop the annual goals into KPIs and track their progress towards achievement
- Manage allocation of funds between Global and Regional efforts
- Operations: Implement process improvements for transaction tracking, deal management, expert vendor/advisor selection, including engagement fee payments.
- Assist with development of GBD strategy for transaction prioritization, including presentation support for Executive Leadership decisions.
- Support the financial modeling efforts for the global business development group through the development and implementation of principles used in the construction and analysis of valuation models and associated presentations for all transactions within the scope of GBD’s responsibilities.
- Work closely with other functional areas to test and refine their inputs to the valuation model, including both commercial and R&D assumptions.
- Assist transaction leads in the development of deal terms and structures.
- Serve as finance advisor for GLM business division
- Manage development of financial plan, LBEs, and monthly reports for GLM business. Work with colleagues in GLM as well as Global Finance to develop appropriate projections of revenue & royalty forecasts for each Takeda licensee.
- Develop forecasting requirements for production planning and perform variance analysis against previous submission to GLM team.
- Develop financial models and analytical tools to support function objectives and projects. Drive strategic decisions through use of financial metrics (NPV analysis, ROI modeling, etc.).
- Provide critical thought that may help drive strategic decisions and make recommendations to Sr. Management.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA desired.
- 6 years of work experience, with at least 5 years of relevant business experience including business investment analysis modeling skills (NPV, ROI, etc.).
- 4 years of healthcare industry experience: biotech / pharma clinical & commercial understanding
- Knowledge of applicable accounting standards (GAAP/IFRS) and familiarity with SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, etc.).
- Financial planning/reporting systems experience (e.g. SAP, TM1).
- Strong computer software skills (Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated business investment analysis modeling skills (NPV, ROI).
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Periodic domestic and international travel will be required.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.