Job Description: Position Summary:
Reporting to the VP, Global Fulfillment, we are looking for a strong operational leader who can support Operations, globally and immediately identify opportunities and drive operational stabilization within a warehouse or drive ongoing improvements leading to more efficient operations, improved asset utilization, higher margins, and enhanced revenue.
- Global knowledge expert to lead operational stabilization activities within the Fulfillment network with focus on quickly driving operational process improvements and solution design for underperforming operations.
- Serve as global leader to proactively drive ongoing operational improvements, standardization warehousing activities, and lead process refinements in existing warehouses sites. Focus on driving customer satisfaction while balancing operational performance.
- Support new warehouse implementation activities to ensure standardized processes, optimal warehouse flow, and operational best practices are implemented.
- Work collaboratively with the regional operations team to develop and implement standardized operational processes globally
- Drive operational process efficiency based on a balance of maximizing asset utilization, cost optimization, and operational productivity
- Work with Regional Fulfillment leaders and local operations teams to drive warehouse flow optimization and layout design projects.
- Work with operations and IT organization to identify potential Supply Chain systems enhancements and configuration changes to streamline or improve operations. (WMS, Slotting, Work Force Management, etc.)
- Work with Fulfillment Excellence team to help define and support the roll out of best practices and tools into existing operations.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Warehouse operations, Operational Process Improvement, and support of continuous improvement activities in a warehouse environment. Need a very specific skillset around operational stabilization.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization to understand business requirements and develop balanced solutions. Most importantly a deep knowledge of warehouse operations with the ability to quickly and efficiently identify operational improvements and solutions.
- Direct people management, but more importantly the ability to take a leadership role on an interim basis within a complex operational environment and immediately impact change. Need to immediately take leadership in an operation where there were there will not be ongoing management responsibility.
- Needs to be able to work independently across global locations in an interim leadership role. Strong independent decision making skills.
- Strong focus on driving a balance in operational efficiencies and asset utilization while still maintaining the overall customer experience and satisfaction. Need a strong customer driven mindset.
- Strong operational leadership skills. Coaching, training and developing personnel. Ability to work in a complex matrix environment at all levels of the Fulfillment operations
- BS/BA degree from accredited university. Masters degree a plus
- Up to 50%
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.