Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
API and Custom Intermediates, supports the sourcing of both the internal and external small molecule API/Intermediates manufacturing. The Associate Director will be actively engaged in the development and implementation of procurement strategy, Global Category Management, contract management, risk management, stakeholder management, and supplier value management within this category. The incumbent will develop and maintain strong relationships with key leaders within Merck Manufacturing Divisions, namely Sterile Operations, External Manufacturing, Quality/Regulatory, Finance, Legal, and Shared Business Services, and other corporate functions.
Under the supervision of the Director, Global Procurement, API & Intermediate
commercialization, primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Guidance and Active Leadership in
- Scale up from Lab Routes to Commercial Manufacturing Routes based on external raw material/reagent availability
- Matching External Manufacturing and Supply Base Capabilities with development teams requirements
- Long term cost estimates to help differentiate between several competing commercial routes
- Estimate cost for non Merck molecule and provide support for due diligence teams
- Market knowledge of antibody drug conjugates, oligonucleotides, peptides, and antibiotics
- Sourcing Management Process
- Utilize/drive sourcing management as a structured process including creating/leading cross-functional teams.
- Utilize various business systems to generate data and use such data for decisions and improvements in process.
- MS or Ph. D. in Organic Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of small molecule commercialization steps, from Lab Research, to process optimization, scale up, and technology transfer to commercial manufacturing.
- In-depth experience of Process Economics and Costing Commercial Routes
- Ability to respond and course correct to evolving individual project development situation
- Outsourcing and supplier management including providing continuous feedback internally and externally
- In depth understanding of commercialization with direct experience or primary commercial support, deep understanding of industry and trends as well as the CMO space
- Hands-on Manufacturing Plant in pharmaceutical or Small Molecule Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) industry
- Excellent communication, negotiation and external and internal follow-up
- Experience from CMO in Business or Project Management
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement