we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Associate Director of Hematology Regional Marketing will be responsible for executing an external strategic plan with key customers across the Hematology portfolio, including CALQUENCE and Moxetumomab, in order to position AstraZeneca (AZ) externally as a commercial leader in the treatment of Hematology.
This position will report directly into the Senior Director of Hematology Marketing and will work in close partnership with cross functional partners including marketing, field sales, medical, MAPS and other functions in order to play a critical role in ensuring the franchise has a market leadership presence with key customers.
- Utilize input from external thought leaders to help build market leadership and commercial strategies through appropriate tactics (advisory boards, expert consultants, and 1:1 engagements).
- Execute the franchise strategic plan at national, regional, and local scientific meetings with a common purpose and strategy.
- Develop deep expertise on hematology thought leaders and the marketplace evolution
- Lead and facilitate thought leader interactions; act as an internal gatekeeper for thought leader interactions across multiple teams
- Be a direct brand team link into key account teams to ensure all resources are available to the teams
- Participate in the annual operational planning process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand's stated objective
- Collaborate with other functional areas and lead the review process to ensure legal/regulatory compliance and medical accuracy of all marketing materials.
- Possess strong business acumen skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple program budgets, timelines, process and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales management, strategic planning
- Oncology experience
- Skilled in relationship building with thought leaders
- Be available to work some evenings and weekends
- Overnight travel will be required
- Expected travel 50% -70% monthly
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Hematology-oncology experience
- Great communication skills
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed programs
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- Based in the US
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.