Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Director operates under the guidance of the Technology Director in defining the project solution supporting a line of business (e.g. Large Molecule, Small Molecule, Labs or Animal Health). The principle focus is as a Project Design Manager (PDM) which leads and coordinates Front-End Loading (FEL) for our manufacturing facilities. The PDM is responsible for option analysis, layout, scope development and discipline coordination. Their work could be one large project or management of a portfolio of projects. The candidate should have strong subject matter expertise in Facility & Equipment Design, Standard Work, Best Practices, Industry Trends, Capital Project Delivery, Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Tools, Lean Design principles and the Capital Management Process. The position collaborates with other Integrated Project Team (IPT) members (e.g., Project Management, Technology, Maintenance, Automation, Plant Operations and Safety), as well as Engineering Firms and Vendors to progress deliverables. The candidate should have a proven track record of strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills for both decision making and guiding team members. Flexibility with global travel is required.
Primary Activities Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Project development activities including pre-charter support via site & facility evaluations, critical to success and voice of the business inputs, conceptual scoping, option analysis, competitive scope assessment and Class of Plant Quality evaluation for medium and high segment work
- Adherence to standard work, including application of Procedures, Practices, Guides, and Standards
- Integration of Industry regulations as well as Merck Safety & Quality requirements
- Participate/lead development and review of standard work
- Coordination of meetings, deliverables, schedule and assembly into a predefined package (Concept, Basis of Design)
- Oversight of design firm activities and integration with the project team, including big room approach and teaming methodologies
- Support Transition from FEL to EPCM execution
- Assessment of design deliverables via industry scoring tools
- Implementation of Lean Front-End Process including; Target Value Design, Pull Planning, Modular Design, Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Peer input and technical support to low segment work
- Required: A Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Architecture or applicable science is required
- This position will primarily support the Human Health Line of Business (Large & Small Molecule).
- Significant experience with early stage design activities and a capital management process is required
- Ability to enter core sterile manufacturing areas
- Valid driver license
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement