JBio, Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Immune Response Modification to be located in Spring House, PA. This position will be responsible for designing and executing immunization methodologies in preclinical models aimed at driving humoral responses directed at targeted antigens, which may will include breaking immune tolerance and overcoming immune dominance. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in antigen presentation including T, B, DC cell priming and novel vaccination methods. Specific knowledge of and experience with immune regulatory factors that affect B lymphocyte proliferation and differentiation is required to deliver on goals and objectives. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect with key stake holders fostering an environment of collaboration.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Ability to drive or alter immune regulation which can affect B lymphocyte proliferation and differentiation, including dendritic cell strategies to optimize and direct antigen presentation.
• Designing and overseeing experiments aimed at generating antibodies directed at targeted epitopes within a protein, utilizing novel immunization or vaccination methodologies.
• Experience in the design of antigens to drive efficient antigen specific humoral responses.
• Ability to identify and execute on novel technologies to drive antibody discovery, including experience in single immune B cell capture and B cell culturing to allow for HT screening of resulting antibody-rich supernatants.
• Responsible for direct or indirect people management with a continued level of hands-on laboratory work.
• Cross functional team leadership, showing superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically dispersed team.Qualifications
• Requires a strong background in immunology and/or vaccine technologies, specific knowledge immune modulation is required.
• PhD or equivalent with 6-12 years of experience required.
• Pharmaceutical Industry Experience is Preferred.
• Record of scientific accomplishments and publications directed toward the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies or proteins is required.
• Experience in directing teams and previous people management is Preferred.
• Strong communication, presentation and writing skills are required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function