Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help support the development of the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
We have an opportunity for an Associate Director of Marketing-Communications at our Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) headquarters in Burnsville, MN.
In this role, you will use your expertise in Corporate Marketing & Communications to lead and develop the MarCom team while providing strategic program support, competitive brand positioning and value propositions. You will also work with senior leadership to support strategic initiates and an engaging employee culture that aligns to our overall employer brand.
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Develop, execute and manage a strategic marketing communications program aligned to the SBU vision, mission and goals.
- The strategic marketing program will support competitive growth goals, competitive brand positioning, clear value propositions with flawless execution delivering measurable results.
- Lead and develop the external marketing and communications team taking the team talent to the next level, assess the right balance of skills/expertise to ensure a strong bench of future communication leadership.
- Bring creative insights, ideas and strategies to bear while working in-the-trenches to effectively monitor and manage plans, process and people for successful and timely execution. Lead the strategic sourcing and manage content for product marketing collateral, website/blog/social media, and other initiatives.
- Develop a marketing and communications metrics measurement dashboard with a baseline to measure program improvements with identified benchmarks for success.
- Keep abreast of new and best practices in branding, marketing, social marketing/communications, internal newsroom/consumer style communications and employee engagement.
- Lead an external communications program, coordinating with the central Communication team to mine opportunities for press releases and positive media coverage. Anticipate and manage crisis communications that could impact the company's reputation among key stakeholders, employees and/or disrupt business activities.
- Work with senior leaders in the Sensors & Integrated Systems SBU and UTC Aerospace Systems central Communications teams to build and execute a robust executive and employee communications program that supports SBU strategic initiatives and builds an engaging employee culture that aligns to our overall employer brand.
- Manage the team to produce internal videos, webcasts, audiocasts, infographics on a regular basis to inform the employee population about progress against business strategies and goals. Create timely, relevant, dynamic written communications and presentations. Manage the department budget to expected financial targets.
- 10-15 years of experience in professional corporate marketing, executive/employee communications and/or public relations
- High preference for candidates experienced driving and leading MarCom teams within a Global Hi-Tech organization
- Proven track record of success in leading change and innovative styles in marketing and communications
- Experience working in multiple facets of marketing, including, but not limited to brand marketing, retail marketing, digital marketing, promotions, publicity, marketing communications, advertising, consumer insights, advertising and research, social and digital media, executive and employee communications and engagement
- Ability to influence, collaborate and partner across functions and all levels within a matrix organization
- Strong written/verbal communication, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required
- Good analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency
- Aerospace industry experience preferred but not required
- Healthy sense of humor, positive outlook and lover of all things team
Bachelors Degree (Masters Preferred) in business, marketing, communications.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.