we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As Associate Director, Media Strategy - CVMD
in Wilmington, DE
you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial
is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca's strategy in CVMD
focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
The AstraZeneca US Commercial Operations Organization seeks a seasoned and inventive Associate Director, Media Strategy - CVMD
to join our team as we seek to progress our US Portfolio and brands. This role is accountable for championing innovative approaches to paid media to connect with patients and customers, design business solutions that create a competitive advantage for our brands, and to help position AstraZeneca as a leader in the industry.
The Associate Director, Media Strategy - CVMD
will report to the Director, Customer Experience + Innovation - CVMD and will be important member of the Customer Experience + Innovation team. This role will be responsible for leading and executing the development of media plans on priority CVMD brands, FARXIGA, BYDUREON and BRILINTA. This includes evaluation of both traditional and emerging media solutions against brand goals, development of yearly plans as well as pilot opportunities, and ensuring strong measurement to evaluate performance against marketing goals. The ideal candidate is a passionate change agent and media expert who seeks to join a team of industry-recognized peers who live to create beyond-exceptional customer experiences.
The Associate Director, Media Strategy - CVMD
is responsible for serving as primary internal point of contact for therapeutic area portfolio and brands leads. Stewardship of Media Agency responsible for planning, buying, performance management and optimization of integrated paid media campaigns. Ongoing development of AstraZeneca's media planning competency and proactive implementation across related brands. Leading media strategy and planning for a portfolio of brands; directly oversee media buying activities to ensure that the plans reflect the goals and objectives of related brands. Identifying opportunities and own ongoing relationships with key publishers and media partners. Fostering an environment for cross departmental collaboration by working effectively with internal and external shareholders in complementary capabilities (e.g. Creative and Content, Social Media, etc).
Additionally, the Associate Director, Media Strategy - CVMD
is responsible for maintaining an in-depth knowledge of portfolio and brand businesses inclusive of objectives, strategies, goals and market challenges. Participating in annual brand planning and lead subsequent development of strategic brand insights, including brainstorming to assess market, audience, competitive and campaign insights. Champion new, emerging, and evolving media channels to brands and agency. Proactively work with Brand and business Intelligence capabilities to design campaigns goals/KPIs and subsequent measurement framework. Working across TA Leads / Support standardization / distribution of best practices.Required:
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of paid media experience across Digital, TV/Print, and Out of Home planning or buying including search marketing
- Pharmacuitical industry and/or related regulated healthcare industry experience
- Client relationship / Internal management experience
- Demonstrated and measurable experience planning, developing and implementing media plans, ideally cross-channel
- Current knowledge of digital media trends and technologies including ad networks, exchanges, DSPs and RTB platforms; display, video and rich media advertising; programmatic buying, social media and mobile advertising; native ad units and content marketing, etc. preferred .
- Experience working in collaborative team settings and liaising between agencies and media naive teams
- Comfortable working in a multinational corporate environment contributing to and prioritizing multiple high-level projects
- Experience working in regulated industries preferred
- Experience working with campaigns targeting multiple customer groups preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, including listening as well as explaining complex ideas and technologies
- Independent self-starter with a "plug-and-play" attitude for collaboration
- An excellent presenter and facilitator, adept at creating effective workshops for high-level colleagues and internal stakeholders
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.