Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Director Medical Affairs - Analgesics, are to:
Who you are
- Handle Strategic planning, guidance and implementation of programs, including clinical development programs, to support and drive the development of new claims and new products for existing and new OTC brands;
- Review and approve global advertising copies and promotional copies from a Medical perspective;
- Develop responses to Regulatory Authorities and ensure timely and accurate Medical submissions to Health Authorities;
- Build strong relationships with key opinion leaders while working with emerging scientific discovery to keep the company informed of and ahead of the most recently published literature in various categories;
- Maintain awareness and involvement in understanding scientific category dynamics including different classes of drugs associated with the category, understanding the mechanisms of action, PK/PD profiles, safety and efficacy dimensions as well as unique profile characteristics to contribute to the strategic planning and development in support of existing and new brands;
- Ensure compliance with both the letter and spirit of all laws and regulations. Remain alert to any potential compliance issues that may arise, seeking counsel through proper channels if such issues are identified.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- An advanced degree in a related scientific field, such as PharmD, PhD or MD and 5 years of experience in clinical research and development or medical affairs in analgesics or related businesses;
- Thorough knowledge of scientific information, the ability to interpret and assimilate scientific data, and thought leader development skills;
- Good understanding of the key pre-clinical and clinical trial design elements, operations and interpretation of these activities as well as regulatory requirements;
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to lead, network and function in diverse teams, are necessary to present critical medical and scientific information to internal departments, and to positively interact with external customers, medical thought leaders, and academic and managed care communities.
- Previous experience in OTC business.
#KRT Your application
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.