Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This individual will lead the development and delivery of integrated marketing communications plans and multi-channel programs, supporting the strategic imperatives for the Oncology Franchise. The Marketing Communications Lead is a primary contact for brand teams, regarding brand-specific marketing communications / promotion to external customers. This individual will convert emerging scientific data in oncology into a communication strategy for customer segments and channels.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Significant contributions to the brand building tools.
- The development of a communications strategy that is aligned to the integrated brand/customer strategy and fully leveraging all available channels to deliver a positive customer experience.
- Drive measurement and improvement of promotional effectiveness across the integrated promotional mix and relevant customer segments. Drives marketing effectiveness by creating programs that drive desired customer behaviors, yielding increased revenue. All activities will be conducted in full compliance with Merck policies, values and standards.
- Lead the development of integrated promotion plans, the project promotional content and coordinates content strategy across all channels.
- Deliver promotional product, new indication or new formulation launch plans highlighting interdependencies with other relevant functional areas such Market Research and Learning.
- Core participant in shaping the key strategic communication objective choices for assigned business/brand(s).
- Partner with the brand team and assigned external agencies to ensure that all offerings meet the strategic and communication objectives for pembrolizumab.
- Help to shape the strategic direction of the global portfolio through active participation with Merck Marketing meetings, and other forums with Regional leaders.
- Demonstrate operational efficiency by leveraging best practices and facilitating cross-Region learning
- Know the customer: demonstrate a deep understanding of customer segments, needs, channel preferences and profitability/life-time value.
- Lead the creation and monitoring of Agency scopes of work (SOWs) and leads the bi-annual Agency evaluation process. Accountable for the operational proficiency of assigned Agencies and other channel outsourced vendors.
- Apply the Merck Marketing and Merck Customer Experience principles, during the promotional planning and development process.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams including the Market Research, Analytics, and Operations as well as the Franchise leads.
- Manage projects and programs through appropriate internal and external support services in development of content, design, Promotional Review Team (PRT) approvals, and production. Oversee the appropriate administration of promotional budgets for projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrate Merck Leadership Behaviors. Act as a business owner in the operating environment. Maintain alignment to compliance goals and policies
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in marketing or marketing support of pharmaceutical products.
- Demonstrated ability to execute a brand or customer marketing strategy.
- Experience and success in franchise level marketing, cross-functional leadership and teamwork.
- Strong knowledge of marketing principles.
- Marketing/Marketing support in Oncology and/or Specialty marketplace.
- Campaign and Message Development experience.
- Brand Promotion experience.
- Constituency Management across hierarchical lines.
- Excellent planning and presentation skills
- Masters in Business Administration
- Knowledge/experience with the Oncology Marketplace.
- Product launch or launch planning experience.
- Agency management experience.
- Market research experience.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement