Janssen Pharmaceutical Research & Development,
L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is
recruiting for an Associate Director, Operational Performance within Global Medical Safety Operations (GMSO). This
position can be located in Horsham, PA, Raritan NJ or High Wycombe, UK.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson,
what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on
treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex
diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it
might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative
medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious
diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please
visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We
collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Operational Performance is responsible for the
oversight of Global Medical Safety Operations (GMSO) project/process
implementation activities and departmental communications. The Associate
Director will manage one or more projects within the constraints of scope,
quality, time, and cost, to deliver specified requirements to the GMSO
organization. This position would be responsible for partnering with internal
and external GMSO stakeholders to ensure proper strategy, plan, alignment,
integration and visibility of departmental project activities. The Associate
Director will ensure all implementation requirements/objectives and
deliverables/outcomes are documented and retrievable in support of GMSO’s state
of inspection readiness. The Associate
Director will be responsible for oversight of GMSO communications, including
dashboards, project trackers and departmental SharePoint sites and portals.
Associate Director will function independently and will have expert knowledge
of applicable regulations and guidelines.
The Associate Director will also work closely with functional area
representatives to support the business and may serve as delegate for their
- Partner with the business functional
lines on development of resource strategy resource allocation
- Drive consensus and decision-making with
business lines, senior/functional area management, external GMSO stakeholders
- Lead matrixed teams to common solutions
- Drive timely development of key
deliverables by planning and facilitating productive working sessions to create
deliverables; share perspectives; push the thinking to create robust
deliverables, suggest improvements, and connect the dots.
- Independently monitors and manages the
project progress, project plan and resources identifying efficiencies and
improvements while maintaining high quality standards.
- Monitor progress of project and
issues/plans, proactively identifies obstacles, develops contingencies based on
risk assessments and influences decision making.
- Ensure safety deliverable timeliness and
quality levels are met through addressing stakeholder alignment, consistency
and safety data integrity.
- Assist with all aspects of
project/team/departmental meetings, including scheduling, facilitating,
reporting, ensuring minutes are taken, etc. and participate in the preparation
of materials for presentation to department leadership on progress of projects,
issues, mitigations strategies, etc.
- Maintain visibility on day-to-day
activities with project teams
- Development of departmental dashboards,
storyboards, scorecards to increase visibility and clarity of departmental
projects, including key achievement and goal tracking.
- Provide project status reporting to
internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- Lead the development of
internal/external stakeholder project communications as requested.
- Lead the GMSO Communications team to
ensure clear internal communication of departmental initiatives, including
oversight and maintenance of GMSO Portal and SharePoint sites.
- Manage and facilitate GMSO departmental
meetings (including GMSO All Hands Meetings, etc.)
project documentation activities:
- Documentation of project requirements,
objectives and plans, technical documents, storyboards, etc.
- Create lessons learned documentation
post project s as requested
- Partner with Operational Performance
personnel to ensure archival and retrieval of documentation from an inspection
- Provide oversight for staff responsible
for implementation/project management /communication activities
- Advanced degree preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 8 years’ minimal experience in project management is
- Experience in Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Profession or allied
field with business planning and operational experience in a multi-functional
- Excellent communication and writing skills demonstrated by the
ability to develop clear and concise professional correspondence including
formal presentation skills.
- Experience in quality, compliance, regulatory or finance is an
- An understanding of and experience with multi-cultural working is
- Successful leadership management is required
- Demonstrated ability of coordinating multi-functional activities
in a highly regulated environment resulting in concrete business results and
outstanding business partnering required.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Visio and
MS Project, is required
United States-Pennsylvania-HorshamOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe, North America-United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Drug & Product Safety Operations