Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, Pricing & Contracting in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Associate Director, Pricing & Contracting working on the Market Access team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
Associate Director supports the US Market Access Team and other internal customers in the development of strategies that maximize product access and profitability. At the account level responsible for understanding brand specific issues, environmental and legislative dynamics impacting account performance. Position develops comprehensive business plans highlighting anticipated outcomes associated with multiple contracting alternatives including Payers & GPOs. Responsible for GN forecast and accruals. Teaches and models value creation by understanding and balancing customer needs with Takeda OBU goals and objectives. Associate Directors exhibit model behavior for fiscal responsibility in managing expenses and make sound financial decisions to support Takeda Oncology’s objectives. POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Drives the Business Case process, including formal reviews and presentations with Takeda USMA leadership team
- Develops analytics to measure ROI associated with multiple contracting alternatives. Combines marketplace knowledge, industry changes and data resources to model and develop an approach to business opportunities.
- Works cross functionally to ensure business cases comply with established guidelines (Contracts and Pricing, Legal, Finance). Promotes company guidelines and departmental procedures to ensure compliance among self and peers.
- Highlights negotiation levers and tactics for Account Directors by working directly with Account Directors to understand needs, assures necessary support material is available. Delivers high impact presentations, seeks participation and gains commitment from internal and external business partners.
- Ability to tailor message/presentations to executive audiences and clearly convey key messages. Models managed markets best practices, seeks opportunities to provide feedback and share valuable experiences to assist with group development.
- Responsible for understanding the link between Managed Markets payer channels, brand strategies and performance on overall ROI objectives as well as Gov't Pricing implications. Drives the development of account level strategies leading to strong access for the Takeda Oncology product portfolio.
- Responsible for understanding the link between GPO contracting, brand strategies and performance on overall ROI objectives.
- Builds & develops product, market & industry knowledge, gathers customer insights and conducts market analysis to understand and respond to changing customer strategies. Along with Acct Director, serves as expert on the business models & strategies of assigned customer accounts.
- Ability to translate payer & GPO and product strategies into actionable plans by assisting Account Directors in developing account specific approaches to improve patient access and market share performance. Collects, synthesizes and communicates integrated data to create a situational analysis. Independently and in conjunction with business partners, mobilizes all available analytical and financial resources; makes decisions that improve product portfolio access and deliver results.
- Constructs overall account targets with National Account Directors. Ensures financial estimates are accurate and consistent with corporate objectives. Anticipates and identifies business opportunities through collaborating with business partners – refining strategies and applying resources as needed.
- Able to identify, communicate, and recommend solutions to issues driving performance at an account, segment, geographic, or customer level. Tracks issues impacting top accounts and regional results. Teaches and models application of managed markets strategy to customer business models, positioning products, fully developing business cases, and adding value that creates access.
- Represents USMA in cross-functional groups and a complex matrix organization. Works with internal business partners to identify possible gaps and enhancements in contracting, reporting and vendor management processes. Teaches and models team building to meet customer challenges and achieve short and long term Takeda goals.
- Participates as a member of functional planning teams. Able to communicate environment trends, legislative issues and contracting initiatives impacting therapeutic area. Models high standard of accountability for meeting shared goals and deadlines with Account Directors.
- Responsible for accurately and timely forecasting gross to net (which is heavily weighted but not limited to contracting and govt pricing) and assumptions based on analysis of historical trends and impact for all Takeda Oncology specialty products and inform USMA leadership of all components in preparation for leadership meetings and planning. Collaborate with finance to manage accruals and validate actuals on a monthly basis.
- BA/BS degree required (preferred majors in business, analytics, statistics, etc) MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years analytical, finance, contracting, or account management (paired with analytic expertise) experience required.
- Pharmaceutical or Managed Care experience including health plan operations, design, reimbursement and formulary decision making required.
- The position requires competencies in the following skills: analytics, negotiations, leadership, written and verbal communications, ability to think strategically, and problem solving.
- Strong understanding of financial spreadsheets and business principles is required.
- Experience with data and vendor management is helpful.
- Experience with Government Pricing strongly preferred
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 35% estimated travel with overnights
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. *LI-CB1
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs