Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Reporting to the Director, Global Security - Product Integrity, the Regional Associate Director of Product Integrity is responsible for Merck's Product Integrity and Brand Security operational assignments that protect the safety of Merck patients through proactive and intelligence-driven threat assessments, appropriate reactive handling of Product Integrity events, and successful completion of mitigation and enforcement actions in the Americas regions. This will include:
- Analyze counterfeiting and supply-chain security exposures and implement cost effective passive, reactive, and proactive programs to address these exposures in the Americas region
- Management of regional and country-level threat assessments and market surveys used to identify threats to Merck patients associated with Product Integrity events
- Management of counterfeit, diversion and tampering notifications and follow-up for the Americas region
- Management and coordination of Product Integrity cases in the Americas region to assure completion and compliance with internal and external reporting requirements
- Coordination of program for proactive, intelligence-led Product Integrity investigations within the Americas region
- Coordination of investigative vendor relationships in the Americas region
- Conduct/oversee customer and stakeholder requested Product Integrity investigations in the Americas Region
- Coordinate with Law Enforcement Agencies on the referral of Americas Product Integrity cases, to include case reports for submission to agencies
- Collaboration with Merck colleagues on the use of advanced intelligence tools for application to Americas Product Integrity problem sets
- Liaise with internal business clients to support product security feature development, as requested by Executive Director of Product Integrity or his/her delegate
- Cultivate and maintain relationships that support internal and external engagement and advocacy for Americas Product Integrity matters at Merck
- Establish and maintain seamless interface with customers
- Maintain close liaison with regional government, industry, investigative, and law enforcement professionals as it relates to Product Integrity matters
- Conduct supply chain security assessments, as requested by Associate Director of Supply Chain Security and/or the Regional Security Directors for the US/Canada or Latin America
- Provide up to 10% of time supporting general, regional security needs, as requested by the Regional Security Directors for US/Canada or Latin America
- Handle high volume and complex caseload with little oversight
- Accountable to assigned client groups and GSG management for efficient and highly effective delivery of anti-counterfeiting and supply chain security investigative services
NOTE This position is located in West Point, PA Qualifications:
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experienced investigative professional with a minimum of five (5) years of industry security experience or five (5) of public sector criminal investigative experience
- Established range of professional contacts, polished interpersonal skills, excellent research and writing abilities under extremely tight deadlines and competing demands, and familiarity with the range of professional literature in this area.
- 3 years of experience in Product Integrity/Brand Protection to include strategy development, supply chain security and anti-counterfeiting understanding
- Ability to identify investigative issues and customize, implement/execute solutions
- Americas investigative experience
- Business-level fluency in Spanish language (spoken and written)
- Understanding of Law Enforcement investigations and experience in generating case reports for criminal and civil enforcement actions
- Demonstrated experience in development of proactive, intelligence-led investigations
- Demonstrated experience in successful vendor management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in highly collaborative and matrixed environment
- Must be innovative and independent, able to manage an aggressive workload in a high performing environment
- Demonstrated experience interacting with senior leadership and government officials
- Committed to successfully leading and managing in a matrixed environment with exceptional level of collaboration, clarity and honesty in dealing with peers, team members and all others in a flat and nimble organization.
- Ability to champion new ideas or positions to meet key goals and initiatives
- Strong commitment to patient safety and compliance requirements
- Proven ability to work in varying situations, from committee work in which a "team player" approach is essential to situations in which considerable independence and self-motivation is required
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and respond rapidly to breaking situations. Sound, proven judgment is a must
- Demonstrated ability to work with wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds, countries of origin, and at varying levels within the corporate structure.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Sound understanding of global pharmaceutical supply chains and industry practices
- Experience in development of training programs for government agencies, including Customs, Regulatory, and Law Enforcement
- Understanding of Intelligence and Risk Management methodologies
- Business level of fluency in Portuguese language (spoken and written)
- Previous law enforcement investigations background
- The following accreditations are preferred: American Society for Industrial Security, Certified Protection Professional or Certified Professional Investigator and National Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Certified Fraud Examiner
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement