Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director to be part of the Portfolio Management group which is part of Janssen’s R&D Project Management Organization (PMO). The role can be located in Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA or Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
This highly collaborative role will support Janssen R&D PMO to shape a broad range of topics that are critical to improve organization awareness and understanding of the R&D Portfolio. In addition, we are constantly seeking thought leadership in portfolio management space and newer, simpler & more effective ways to communicate highly complex and dynamic information. He/she will lead/be part of micro teams that:
• Have responsibility for generating and delivering insights related to portfolio performance and progression to R&D senior leadership and drive faster & more impactful decision making and action.
• Serves as the central source for benchmarking and represent Janssen R&D in benchmarking forums. Collect and provide internal data to KMR & other benchmarking partners; Receive Industry data and translate for internal use; Bring critical insights to Investors Relations and other Sr. Leaders for communication to the external world on portfolio, R&D productivity and operational excellence.
• Serves as the process owner for portfolio tracking and reporting (R&D Trackers, Corporate Scorecards). Establish a clear calendar/cadence for the management reporting process and drive organization alignment. Work with therapeutic area stakeholders to define tracker baselines and report progress against it. Maintain a robust reporting schedule that would enable transparency and organizational alignment on portfolio progression.
• Analyzes/Interprets portfolio data & proactively develops critical insights related to portfolio progress/performance. Interpret and put into context analytical findings for relevant stakeholders. Create and deliver crisp and impactful presentations of findings to internal and external stakeholders for decision making; Communicate generated insight and recommended business actions to stakeholders in an easily digestible fashion.
• Contributes to the R&D Portfolio Prioritization Process. Develop complimentary quantitative & qualitative frameworks to enable portfolio prioritization. Interpret portfolio progress & develop critical insights to inform prioritization. Integrate project level detail in to a cohesive end to end portfolio story. Monitor & understand dynamic portfolio changes and its impacts on portfolio decisions/recommendations.
• Responds to ad-hoc portfolio information requests from R&D and other senior management leaders. Understand stakeholder questions and design appropriate reporting and analytical frameworks to develop a complete response. Interpret and put into context analytical findings for impacted business stakeholders. Address portfolio related questions in an effective, compelling way to ensure customer buy-in. Proactively anticipate next level of questions and formulate key messages based on accurate and trustworthy information.
• Conducts Portfolio Analyses to inform investment decision making: Develop & maintain views of the end to end portfolio that will enable leaders to have portfolio context while making asset level decisions. Create relevant portfolio views that acknowledge and aligns to the needs of different senior audiences, communicating strategic themes as well as recommendations to maximize portfolio value. Contribute to strategic analyses & special projects that influence R&D portfolio strategy & execution. Establish highly collaborative, cross functional relationships with key stakeholders both within and across JRD.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent university degree) in science, business, finance, or related field is required
• An MBA or an advanced degree in science, business or related field is preferred
• A minimum of 8 years of experience working within a global project management or portfolio management organization or matrixed pharmaceutical R&D organization is required
• Drug development experience is preferred
• Advanced MS Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills is preferred
• Analytical background with strong technical and problem solving skills is required
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills with senior leaders is required
• Strong interpersonal collaboration and team skills including working with cross-functional teams is preferred
• This position will be located in Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA or Beerse, Belgium and will require up to 10% domestic and international travelPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-BeerseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.