Shire is looking for a US Commercial IT Business Partner. Your job is to collaborate with sales and marketing teams within Shire's Ophthalmics and Neuroscience business units to deliver innovative technology solutions.
You'll need to leverage relationships around the Company to develop accurate estimates for proposed solutions. You'll quickly adopt and build business process knowledge that supports Shire operations. Using this knowledge, you'll be able to assist and advise your sales and marketing colleagues with technology-related decisions.
You will have the freedom to be unconventional in your approach or ideas, using industry norms as guidance, not the final solution.
You'll have fun and get the chance to work with honest people. Your new team focuses on pragmatic ideas for Shire's patients and is very collaborative.
You have high standards for your work, and are always willing to help others achieve the same standard.
You have excellent communication skills, in person, on the phone, and electronically.
A typical day may include:
• Working with consultants to design a new dashboard to track brand performance,
• Working with marketing teams on business requirements for digital marketing technology RFPs
• Working with sales leadership on CRM system design.
• Working with the IT operations on website builds and launches
Strategic Partnering 10-20% of the time:
• You can clearly communicate with stakeholders to understand requirements where technology will play a part in meeting commercial goals.
Plan and Build 50-70% of the time:
• You are comfortable proposing innovative ideas designed to deliver the technology needs of the Neuroscience and Ophthalmics business units at Shire
• You're willing to document and deliver these ideas and see them through with a sustainable and efficient support model.
Run 10% of the time:
• You provide input and expectations of the applications support team and partner with capability experts to get your work done
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree (required)
• More than 5 years relevant experience (required)
• Experience in the Pharmaceuticals or Life Sciences industry (preferred)
• Experience in consulting (preferred)
• Understanding the pharmaceutical commercial business and leading technologies (preferred)
• Familiar with commercial data sources (IMS, Symphony) and how data is used to run a pharmaceutical business. (preferred)
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
• Results Driven
You Have these skills:
• Relationship Management
• Strategy & Innovation
• Consulting mindset
• Vendor Management
• Incumbent will make decisions related to statements of work and pricing in support of commercial solutions
Other Job Requirements:
Domestic travel; limited possible international travel.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.