With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Associate Medical Director, Scientific Strategy develops cross functional relationships to understand business plans that drive BBMUS growth, provides medical and clinical input to established Marketing Strategy teams, and builds KOL advocacy to support brand and commercial strategy. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Actively participate in Strategy and Marketing teams as a scientific and clinical content expert to identify unmet medical needs.
- As a member of the Strategy teams will provide scientific and medical input to assess potential new opportunities, new ventures and identify areas or products that the team should be considering for evaluation.
- Perform literature search reviews to facilitate the assessment of feasibility of projects or products being assessed.
- Identify the need for data to support company products or services needed for new Marketing Strategy initiatives.
- Develop and manage relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in diverse areas, and identify opportunities for KOL interactions with Senior Management.
- Organize and participate in Medical/Scientific Advisory boards
- Assist the Medical Affairs new product development team members in the creation and implementation of the Medical Affairs section of the marketing launch strategy.
- Serve as a company Medical Science Liaison to customers, delivering Medical Information in a scientific and accurate manner
- Attend conferences and other medical/clinical meetings as needed
- Additional assignments as assigned by the CVP Medical Affairs.
- Managerial experience a plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills,
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven critical thinking skills and medical knowledge.
- Strong technical and database searching and manipulation skills
- Able to delegate/facilitate projects.
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize and multitask.
- Strong work organization abilities and standards.
- Understanding of product use and rationale in clinical setting.
IN2017 Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Minimum 5 years as a leader in the Medical pharmaceutical, device or biotech industry in the area of Medical Affairs or Medical Science Liaison
- Advanced Degree (MD, DO, RNP, PharmD or PhD.)
- Knowledge of clinical trials and investigator initiated studies and grant process.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Approximately 25% travel within the US.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.