Under general direction of the Vice President of Commercial Client Strategies, this position is responsible for developing new business opportunities and the ongoing strategic business relationship between Xcenda clients of varying size. The Client Strategist is also responsible for increased revenues and operating income with existing and potential clients within the pharma, biotech, and medical device industry. Additionally, the role will work closely with designated Xcenda services lines to drive new business and achieve the service line goals.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Works closely and collaboratively with the service lines to drive specific dollar amounts within identified accounts
- Consults with clients to develop strategies, taking into account such factors as the client's vision and goals. These strategic responsibilities will be under the direction of the Senior Director of Strategic Accounts
- Resolves client issues, identifies root causes, and takes steps to prevent similar issues from arising in the future
- Develops, leads, or actively participates in proposal development and delivery
- Develops and implements strategic sales and marketing plans to accommodate company and individual-level business goals under the direction of the Senior Director of Strategic Accounts
- Reviews market trends to determine and anticipate client needs.
- Gathers information, analyzes, and develops strategies concerning dynamics that may affect the business relationship, such as changes in client ownership or new affiliations; current market share and targets of opportunities for new growth; clients' changing requirements; competitor strengths and weaknesses; and continually communicates these strategies internally using verbal discussion and written business plans
- Responsible for delivering sales presentations to key clients
- Leads team(s) of Xcenda consultants focused on developing new business with specified accounts or groups of accounts and works under the direction of Senior Director of Strategic Accounts
- Maintains strong client relationships; seeks new and increased business opportunities
- Monitors and analyzes reports and data that are used consistently throughout Xcenda for measuring profitability growth; develops and implements strategies to ensure continued success
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet sales objectives; must be willing to travel extensively
- Responsible for generating $3-$5 million or more in new business for Xcenda annually
- Responsible for strategic coordination and leadership across ABC selling opportunities under the direction of the Senior Director of Strategic Accounts
- Assists Vice President and Senior Director of Strategic Accounts in strategic planning process
- Consistently meet the goals of both the AmerisourceBergen Core Competencies and the Xcenda 2XL Competency Model specific to this role, including:
- Driving sales results
- Maximizing sales effectiveness
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, sales, marketing, pharmacy science, or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a 4-year bachelor's degree program. Healthcare marketing, business development, and account-based sales experience preferred; selling to or working with brand or customer marketing managers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or device industry is also preferred. Normally requires 8-10 years directly related and progressively responsible experience in pharmaceutical sales and marketing (or other applicable areas) with emphasis in managed markets strategy. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- A self-starter with a proven ability in sales management, sales planning and goal setting, successful strategic and consultative selling techniques, and related information for pharma, biotech, and medical device companies and at least 3 years of experience selling consulting services to healthcare manufacturers
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, for the purpose of preparing reports and disseminating information and at least 5 years of experience (or more than 20 instances) speaking publicly and/or presenting to clients on topics related to Xcenda's service offering
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working and business relationships
- Strong presentation skills; ability to train others in this area
- Ability to interpret industry trends and competitive information and develop strategies and tactics to respond to changes in the marketplace
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
- Working knowledge of computers necessary to operate effectively with company systems and programs
Xcenda, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, is an integrated, world-class health care consulting organization focused on value, reimbursement and patient access. For more than 2 decades, Xcenda has helped global biopharmaceutical companies as well as emerging early-phase firms successfully commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Our broad, yet strategically connected, array of consulting services supports all phases of the product lifecycle. Our experts provide customized solutions and innovative approaches that discover and communicate the value of pharmaceuticals and other healthcare technologies. "Why Xcenda"
As a member of the Xcenda team, you will be working, learning, and teaching alongside intelligent, collaborative, and experienced professionals who are inspired by what they do and highly motivated to make a difference. Whether you join us in one of our core locations: Tampa, Charlotte, San Francisco or Washington D.C. - or work remotely like many of our Associates, you will experience what we call "Commitment that Counts" - a mindset and attitude we all share. It is the commitment that we have to our clients, to each other, and to the patients we serve that makes Xcenda such a special and unique organization and more than just a place to work. We are a group of highly motivated people -- all dedicated experts in what we do --- who value accountability, collaboration, customer focus, innovation, integrity, and passion. We believe life is meant to be pursued and enjoyed through creative thinking, ethics and bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to everything we do.
Share in our commitment to excellence. Play a vital role in helping patients gain access to life-saving therapies. Take the next step today and learn how you can join us.
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.