Job Description Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.DescriptionThe Internal Medicine team within Project Leadership is seeking aAssociate Director/Director/Senior Director, Line Manager to join the Respiratory, Reproduction & Other (RRO) team!
Clinical Project Management is focused on project productivity, delivery and quality resulting in strong financial performance and customer satisfaction. Focus is on leveraging deep therapeutic expertise and IQVIA's suite of solutions to drive operational excellence and strategic leadership with our customers. Direct and manage an assigned team of clinical project management staff who lead or support studies or programs to make sure quality, time and budget deliverables are met to the Sponsor's satisfaction and in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices. Ensure employees are trained ad individual development is aligned and in place to meet project and organizational needs. Attract, develop and retain talent. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the clinical project managers to make sure project budget(s) meet financial and company goals (realization targets), with a focus on proactively ensuring adherence to change control processes.
- Work with staff to make sure all study management and project deliverables are completed per Contract, to achieve quality deliverables on time and within budget and in accordance with SOPs, policies and practices. As their first point of contact, provide effective and timely consultation/guidance to Project Leaders on issue resolution.
- Support the sales process and attend bid defense meetings.
- May serve as a back-up on projects as needed.
- Serve as a project management liaison with other groups within IQVIA.
- Drive consistency of operational delivery across customer's projects/programs; make sure plans are implemented following approval by senior management.
- Maintain current product and project knowledge. Provide consultation to clients on drug development process, strategy, and plans as needed.
- Collaborate with other management and leadership team members to proactively identify resourcing solutions and project and/or individual needs in order to manage studies.
- Work with individual staff to identify any quality issues within the study and provide coaching on resolution of issues, including implementation of corrective and preventative action plans and escalation.
- Direct, manage and mentor an assigned team of clinical project management staff who lead or support studies or programs. Actively provide guidance/coaching around project planning, project review, risk management and problem solving to achieve global alignment of work practices across the team through the adoption and use of all process and technology tools and improvements by employees.
- Participate in and champion function and/or corporate initiatives, changes and/or special project assignments; act as a client liaison, departmental cross-functional liaison and/or change agent; provide technical expertise and clinical project management experience to project management and training and process improvement efforts.
Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 10 years clinical research experience including 6 years leadership experience (experience managing people desired); or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In depth knowledge of, and skill in applying, applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
- Broad protocol knowledge; therapeutic knowledge desired
- Strong understanding of Clinical Research industry (drug/device/ technology/etc.) and the relevant environments in which it operates
- Strong understanding of the competitive environment and how to communicate/demonstrate value through IQVIA solutions
- Strong understanding of other IQVIA functions and their inter-relationship with Project Leadership
- In depth understanding of project management practices and strong history of demonstrated project management capabilities
- In depth understanding of, and experience managing, contractual obligations and implications
- Demonstrated strong understanding of project financials and managing project P&L
- Proven ability to manage a team and work through others in a global environment to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics. Provides others with a clear direction; delegates work appropriately and fairly; motivates and empowers others; monitors/manages performance and provides feedback and coaching; recruits, develops and retains staff of a high caliber
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, have difficult conversations with internal/external stakeholders and customers, and negotiate solutions
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Effective mentoring and training skills, fostering learning and knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving
- Excellent communication skills, including good command of English language
- Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- May require occasional travel
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people
. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.