Job Description Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.DescriptionThe Internal Medicine team within Rare Disease Project Leadership is seeking aAssociate Director/Director/Senior Director, Portfolio Head to join the team!
In this position you will report to the Global Therapeutic Head of Internal Medicine, Project Leadership. You will be accountable for operational and P&L delivery for a portfolio of work, which could be a disease area, a single major customer, a customer group or other portfolio area. You will be responsible for providing strong operational oversight of this portfolio of work, as well as providing leadership and line management of associated PL staff. In conjunction with the Global Therapeutic Head, you will determine strategic goals and objectives for this area of business and assure operational alignment with project leadership priorities. You will be expected to bring expertise in this portfolio area, and to build it within the team. You will participate in Customer Executive or Operational Steering Committees for this portfolio and support the study teams to meet or exceed customer expectations for delivery and quality within budget parameters. You will initiate and take part in initiatives with the relevant COEs and/or TSSM in the assigned area to ensure profitable growth.
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations.
- Plan, assign, and direct work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems.
- Work collaboratively with CSMG, TSSM, RSU, DM, client representatives and other functional leadership to manage project-related challenges and to achieve exemplary customer service.
- Analyze and review budgets for studies within the assigned customer portfolio. Drive revenue acceleration, backlog phasing and budget scope changes.
- Conduct Project Reviews and participate in Project Management Reviews according to guidelines
Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field and 10 years clinical research experience including6 years leadership experience (experience managing people desired), including multi-regional and global focus; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- In-depth experience working on clinical trials with established experience in a leadership capacity across a portfolio of work; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- In depth knowledge in GCP/ICH and applicable regulatory guidelines. Knowledge of clinical research financial parameters and project financial tracking and accounting methods.
- Strong leadership and presentations skills.
- Computer skills including proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in local language including a good command of English
- The job will require travel up to 30% of time on average.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people
. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.