Associate Director, Talent and Development - Gaithersburg, Maryland
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives every day. As one of the world's premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease.
We're constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We're pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we're industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
The Associate Director, Talent and Development
is part of the team that delivers strategy and intervention to support the culture and develop the employees of MedImmune. Main Duties and Responsibilities
They are responsible for managing end-to-end activities related to MedImmune's talent and development strategies including program design, strategy and delivery, vendor relationships and management, content curation, and needs analysis. The Associate Director, Talent and Development is a key thought partner to the development functions of MedImmune, Human Resources, Engagement and Communications.
- Program management including but not limited to design input, facilitation, logistics and measurement of learning and development programs Support needs analysis and strategic priorities of development
- Experience delivering end-to-end talent process and analytics
- Source and manage external program partners to deliver professional development curriculum
- Responsible to design, track and analyze measurement of program effectiveness
- Ability to diagnose organizational needs and coach leaders
- Drive communication of programs to key MedImmune audiences, partner with HR on nominations
- Other duties as assigned related to development, culture and talent
- Minimum 5-7 years of deep HR experience in engagement, development and learning strategies, previous experience as a HRBP preferred but not required.
- BS degree required/ Master Degree Preferred
- Ability to work strategically (50%) and tactically (50%)
- Experience with program design and implementation
- Proven experience collaborating across a matrix and delivering to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to flex style to audience, and coach various levels of leaders
- Comfort with and proven ability to deliver in ambiguity
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with urgency
- Strong written and verbal communications required
- Detail oriented
- Experience in Science/Research organization preferred
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.