Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Associate Director, U.S. Marketing - Melanoma KOL/Science Lead
We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director, U.S. Marketing - Melanoma KOL/Science Lead for a breakthrough product, Pembrolizumab. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA and will report to the Director of Marketing, Keytruda.
This position on the melanoma indication would focus on in line growth and prepare for additional indications within melanoma. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA and will report to the Director of Marketing - Melanoma and GI.
This position will require outstanding leadership in many areas including flawless execution, scientific leader engagement, advisory board planning, exhibit and conventions, and relationship building.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Scientific Leader Engagement tracking and reporting
- Scientific Awareness Strategy and Campaign Development
- Medical Education Strategy
- Merck Medical Forum Content Development and Speaker training
- Advisory Board or Expert Input Forums
- U.S. Exhibits and Conventions
- Medical Agency Management
- Scientific Communications
- Scientific Strategy and Advocacy
- Provide input into marketing direction and strategic choices
- 5 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry
- 2 years of pharmaceutical marketing experience
- Strong relationship building, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
- Strength managing complexity and multiple competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills to succinctly lead and prioritize efforts
- Healthcare Provider promotion experience and bringing materials through legal, regulatory, and clinical review
- Experience influencing without direct authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Requires up to 20% travel, including some weekends and occasional travel to Cokesbury NJ
- Ability to understand, analyze complex medical clinical trial publications and presentations
- Oncology Marketing experience
- Experience leading development of strategic and tactical plans, budget management
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement