About Bristol-Myers Squibb:
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
- Lead a BMS matrix team (Core Value Team) to develop an aligned strategy for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) studies to demonstrate the value of BMS products in a meaningful way to healthcare customers.
- Make decisions on selecting external organizations and researchers with appropriate expertise for research collaborations.
- Effectively lead research and manage projects from concept through full execution, including reporting the evidence at scientific congresses, in peer reviewed publications, and proactive/reactive BMS communication tools.
- Demonstrate ability to support and influence internal BMS stakeholders.
- Be effective in demonstrating the value of HEOR initiatives so that funding can be secured.
- Execute HEOR studies in a scientifically rigorous way, while appropriately addressing business needs within the legal and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as an internal HEOR expert helping to develop product value proposition by incorporating evidence relating to health services research to achieve market access.
- Be viewed as an internal HEOR expert who is fully integrated into the BMS matrix team and provides critical input into development of effective communication tools and programs for optimal market access.
- Strive to demonstrate BMS behaviors of Passion, Speed, Innovation, and Accountability.
- Graduate degree required PhD, PharmD, MS, MPH.
- Five plus years previous experience working in outcomes research, health economics or epidemiology in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to lead a cross functional team and influence without formal authority
- Ability to understand, interpret, and make recommendations concerning the evolving US market.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with strong problem solving and communications skills.
- Previous experience executing research and managing projects independently.
- Relevant scientific experience in clinical setting or within pharmaceutical industry.
- Previous experience in publishing scientific data.
- Advanced degree in health science with strong scientific publication track record.
- In depth understanding of healthcare economics, epidemiology, quality of life and clinical research.
- Strong understanding of US payer and market access challenges.
- In depth understanding of statistical methods and tests. Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical development and product promotion.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.