Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
The position supports the senior team members of the Global Economic and Market Strategy team within the Domestic Portfolio Management Unit.
- Creation and preparation of presentations for internal and external clients, maintaining databases and updating reports used to track global market developments.
- Support the senior members of the team with ad hoc research projects by creating and running models, designing charts and proof reading/organizing research products.
- Help improve the operational efficiency of the department by automating and/or streamlining existing processes with a focus on our asset allocation processes.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the global outlook. Coordinate as needed with our global strategists around the world.
- Work with members of the asset management and portfolio strategies team as needed.
- In time we would expect the candidate to assume some responsibility for idea generation and independent research.
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably with some exposure to markets.
- Ability to work with others, communicate efficiently and to exercise common sense judgment.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to understand and execute research assignments including quantitative analysis.
- Initiative to expand beyond core assignments.
- Ability to move a project from conception to reality.
- Interest in economics and markets.
- Strong writing skills required.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 67761
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.