• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety or other closely related scientific or engineering discipline.
• 0-5 years of experience in an EHS&S Role.
• Professional certification (ASP) or designation (GSP). Must be willing to obtain CSP certification within 5 years.
Why GSK? Because GSK's vaccines business puts the customer at the heart of everything we do. That's why we define our vaccines mission as: Protecting • Human • Kind. Protecting because we strive to turn the science of immunology into high-quality, practical protection against disease; Human because we are investing time in understanding and delivering on our customers' needs and helping them achieve their vaccination goals; and Kind because we recognize and act on our responsibilities to serve societies, rich and poor.
Support the implementation and maintenance of Environmental, Health, Safety and Security/Emergency Response (EHS&S) programs to ensure a safe compliant work environment. Ensure GSK standards are embedded into the operations to mitigate key risks for the site. Champion EHS principles across the site and work with management and staff to continuously improve EHS performance. Advise GSK Support Services and Operations on the suitability and effectiveness of controls. Serve as a site EHS&S technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a pharmaceutical production environment.
• Support key health and safety risks to our people (GSK personnel, contractors, and visitors) and our reputation (federal, state, and local regulators and external public).
• Support the implementation of EHS&S programs at the Marietta site, verify programs and procedures are effective, and ensure that the site is properly identifying and mitigating hazards and risks. Specific EHS&S hazard and risk areas may include, but are not limited to, control of hazardous energy, emergency response, crisis management, loss prevention and fire safety, process safety, permit to work systems, storage & handling of materials, use of work equipment and pressure systems, working at heights, visitor and contractor safety management and oversight, environmental compliance, biohazardous agents, chemical agents, environmental, ergonomics, noise, site security, non-ionizing radiation, transportation, and workplace facilities.
• Evaluate compliance with federal, state, local, legislation and GSK requirements related to EHS&S. Perform program audits, facility inspections, and generate recommended corrective actions.
• Collaborate with project managers during design, construction, and project execution stages to incorporate compliance with GSK EHS&S policies, local, State and Federal regulations.
• Support and maintain EHS&S Management Systems applicable for health, safety, environment, and security regulations / requirements and systems for performance monitoring and reporting.
• Develop, conduct, and evaluate training on EHS&S programs and processes.
• Recommend and develop specific safety improvement plans and programs based on current trend analysis and EHS&S performance.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
• Knowledge of OSHA safety and health regulations in general industry (29 CFR Part 1910) and construction (29 CFR Part 1926).
• Experience in the development, implementation, and management of programs related to high risk/high hazard management, risk assessments and control, processes and hazardous agents, health and wellbeing programs, security, and emergency response.
• Knowledge of risk management in general industry (operations and maintenance) and construction projects.
• General awareness of Environmental compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrated organizational, trouble-shooting and communication skills, both written and verbal required.
• Ability to collaborate with and influence others at all levels of an organization.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to make complex ideas seem simple and to deliver messages with clarity and impact.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize plans, developing short and long term strategies to address complex issues.
• Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment which requires one to successfully be able to change and revise plans quickly to meet demand.
• Demonstrated flexibility to create and systematically evaluate different alternative solutions to issues, while maintaining compliance to regulations and GSK standards.
• Must have excellent attention to detail. "Right-First-Time" deliverable of work products is expected. Must be able to work and make sound decisions with limited supervision or oversight.
• Must be able to support, on short notice, occasional extended hours and shift and/or weekend coverage in order to support 24/7 manufacturing operations. Must be able to respond to the site 24/7/365 for emergencies.
• Must be willing to occasionally travel.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.