Participates in a development team under the instruction and direction of a more senior engineer. Assist in the design, development, modification, and evaluation of electronic components and systems.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
· Develop designs for electrical subsystems for electrical components.
· Confer with Senior and Staff Engineers to prepare and document design modifications as required.
· May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
· Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
· Prepare information as needed in the design documentation process.
· Confirm availability and facilitate acquisition of new components for builds.
· Release new models to factory.
· Generate and track engineering changes and Bills of Material.
· May plan, develop, and participate in experimentation and tests related to product development.
· May generate and analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
· Participate in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
· May develop test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
· May be responsible for reporting budget requirements to the Manager or other appropriate personnel
· Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
· Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
· Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Four-year College Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math) or a minimum of three (3) years of electric design experience in electronic products.
· Must be able to determine component requirements appropriate to product.
· Experience in audio amplifier and analog circuitry.
· Experience in audio amplifier measurement and testing (audio analyzer, oscope, AP, etc).
· Working knowledge of audio concepts.
· Experience in change order process/management.
· Demonstrated proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
SOME OF THE TOYS YOU GET TO PLAY WITH:
· Engineering and Design Software
· Reports, Charts, Graphs
· Computer Applications
BENEFITS AND PERKS – WE'RE ALL ABOUT YOU:
· Great Benefits + Company-matched 401K retirement savings
· Annual Bonus Program
· Educational Assistance and Reimbursement Program
· Relaxed dress code
· Onsite Recreation Center & Café
· Telecommuter and Work Mobility Program
· Onsite Happy Hours!
WHO WE ARE:
At Panasonic, our technology and engineering expertise delivers innovation across diverse industries. It's all about the consumer experience and making sure that we find ways to enhance that experience, either through audio enhancements or through safety enhancements inside the vehicle.
Panasonic Automotive Systems Company of America (PASA) is an industry-leading global supplier to Automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's) for infotainment systems and advanced connected car solutions. Our clients include Ford, GM, Chrysler, Daimler, Fiat, Tesla, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and many others. In serving our customers, we don't just strive to put tomorrow's technology on the road – we pride ourselves on recruiting the brightest and best to do it.
WE TAKE OPPORTUNITY SERIOUSLY:
Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Automotive Systems of America.