Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has announced plans for an expansion of its large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts. The expansion will create a mammalian cell biologics center of excellence through the introduction of biologics development and clinical trial manufacturing capabilities to the site. Both represent new capabilities for Devens, a site that in its early years has focused solely on large-scale, bulk biologics manufacturing.
The Associate Engineer within Process Development Scale-up Group will be working in a science-driven environment, and will collaborate with a group of scientists/associate scientists to develop robust and scalable downstream processes for both early and late stage biologics in BMS’s robust pipeline. The candidate will work closely with the downstream team, upstream team, analytical team, and collaborate with the MST organization and manufacturing sites within the BMS network or Third Party Manufacturing to deliver robust, scalable and economical processes for clinical and commercial supply.
The successful candidate has the following responsibilities:
- Perform downstream process scale-up activities in PD scale-up lab and support clinical and commercial manufacturing sites.
- Downstream process development, process scale-up, process characterization, and tech transfer.
- Prepare/review technical documents including development report, tech transfer reports, batch records, and SOPs.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to progress both early and late stage drug candidates.
- Perform the necessary experiments for evaluation and implementation of innovative new technologies.
- M.S. in Chemical/Mechanical/Automation Engineering, or equivalent, or B.S. with a minimum of 2 years of industry experience.
- Prior experience in downstream process scale up and chromatography/filtration skid automation/ DeltaV control is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in downstream process development and unit operations, including preparative chromatography, ultrafiltration / diafiltration, viral inactivation and viral filtration is desired.
- Prior experience with analytical techniques such as HPLC or CE or others relating to glycoprotein attributes is desired.
- Knowledge of upstream processing is desired.
- Knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis.
- Knowledge of cGMPs is desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/Vet/Disability
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.