Eaton’s Aerospace Group, Fuel and Motion Control Division has an opening for an Engineering Technician / CNC Programmer in Charleston, SC.
This position provide technical support for machining related shop floor activities. Supports manufacturing engineers with tooling troubleshooting, tooling prove-out, new product process development, process plan and control plan updates, process improvement and corrective action activities as needed.
- Assist in the continuous improvement, metrics, setup reduction, rework, scrap reduction and cost estimating.
- Assist in the improvement and streamline processes by eliminating waste utilizing lean manufacturing tools, cost saving ideas, and root cause analysis of nonconformance.
- Define, develop and incorporate CNC programs utilizing a CAD/CAM program, CAD solid models for CNC lathes with multi-axis and spindles, CNC mills, multi-tasking machines to generated multi-axis machining of complex products.
- Ability to create related documentation and CAD-generated technical illustrations and instructions. Thorough understanding of GD&T dimensioning to effectively develop robust machining methods related to programming, cutting tools and fixture requirements.
- Creates run-time operations, tools, and supporting setup procedures used to produce product on a variety of available machines and controllers.
- Responsible for part evaluation and program development accounting for cost efficiency, optimal machine, and personal usage while maintaining engineering tolerance specifications.
- The specific functions of this position include the following:
- Translate drawings or CAD solid models into a computer aided/automated manufacturing (CAM) program, create the sequence of operations and establishes the cutting tools needed to manufacture.
- Maintain and responsible for documentation of CNC programs, process, and tooling records for production programs in compliance with customer and company including a good understanding of ISO9001 and ANSI 14.5 GD&T, good communication skills written and oral.
- Must demonstrate ability to write CNC programs, analyze part CAD models and drawings with a comprehension of mathematics, cutting tools, fixture design concepts, and problem solving techniques.
- Expertise and knowledge of CNC machine tools Mills 3, 4, 5 axis, Lathes 2 - 8 axis
- Manage and preserves CAD/CAM libraries.
- An ability to instruct others and work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Select, design, and purchase CNC tooling and fixtures
- Support capital improvement projects including machine purchase recommendations, capital expenditure justification, installation, programming, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required.
- 3 years CNC Programming experience in a machining environment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Technical degree in programming, manufacturing, machining, or related field
- 5+ years CNC Programming experience in a complex machining environment
- CAM solid modeling
- Generation of tool paths via. CAD Solid Model a must
- Current knowledge of modern tooling technology
- Proficient in ANSI Y14.5 geometric tolerancing and understanding of ISO90001
- Proficient in use of personal computers and software
- Ability to perform in a strong teamwork environment
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Communication skills– both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports
- Organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of aerospace part functionality
- Experience in use of G-Code, CAD/CAM (Gibbs CAM or Master CAM) CNC, & simultaneous axis programming
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.