What you’ll be doing...
The Associate Fellow Cloud Security Architect will design, develop, test and implement Verizon security solutions for our cloud environments. The successful candidate will work within the Information Security Team, in partnership with Verizon’s Architecture, Security Operations and Lines of businesses, in a hands-on environment; working with numerous and varied applications and teams. The successful candidate will have a strong combination of practical security, networking, public cloud development, engineering and compliance skills. The successful candidate will be well connected with key security and cloud industry partners and maintain a close watch on how the industry is changing and evolving in order to stay ahead of our competitors.
- Help develop new cloud security strategies and implementations for the company.
- Advisory role to CIO and CISO on security matters relating to design of security components.
- Subject matter expertise on cloud security for IAAS, PAAS, and SAAS.
- Champion a DevOps security model so that security is automated and elastic across all platforms.
- Support the company’s goals in secure cloud adoption through hands on interaction with development teams to cultivate a cloud first mindset in transitioning workloads.
- Engineers and prototypes security tooling as reference for secure cloud practices.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree or PhD. degree in engineering discipline (Computer Science or Computer Engineering).
- Ten or more years of relevant work experience.
- Significant experience supporting large Internet network infrastructure in virtual and physical implementations and/or supporting a large scale migration of workloads from private to a hybrid public/private environment.
- Public/Private Cloud Experience (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware, OpenStack).
- Understanding of core concepts for Public/Private/Hybrid clouds (networking, security groups, IAM, etc.).
- Deep security fundamentals and knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of IT/Security frameworks or standards of IT-Security, example NIST, COBIT, ISO 27001, CSA.
- Professional certifications such as CISSP.
- Understanding of networking (ports/protocols), firewalls, load balancers and IPS.
- Programming Skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Go).
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration to solve problems with global peers across various functions.
- Performed similar role in other enterprise organizations.
- Knowledge of the latest cloud security trends and tools in the market.
- Security tools automation; Security analytics experience and understanding encryption and the principles/practices behind it.
- Experience with compliance standards and/or programs; Experience in a security operations role.
- Demonstrated willingness and capability to learn new technologies in a rapidly changing environment.
- Recognized as an industry expert (i.e. regularly speaks at industry conferences, authors industry publications).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.