Prudential’s Group Insurance segment markets, sells and distributes a full range of group life, long-term and short-term group disability, corporate and trust-owned life insurance policies in the U.S. primarily to institutional clients for use in connection with employee and membership benefits plans. Group Insurance also sells ancillary coverage’s and provides plan administrative services in connection with its insurance coverage’s. Prudential has been underwriting group insurance plans since 1916. Today the Group Insurance business is the nation's second-largest group life carrier, with almost 2,900 group life, 1,500 long-term disability, and 1,100 short-term disability clients-insuring more than 20 million employees and their families.
A finance position is currently available in the Group Insurance Planning and Analysis unit of the Group Insurance Finance Division. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting the LTD business. This role is focused on financial forecasting, planning and analysis for the Long-Term Disability business results. The candidate is expected to provide detailed business analysis with particular emphasis on sales and LTD reserves, including financial budgeting and forecasting support. In addition, the candidate will be actively involved in developing & reporting key metrics pertinent to the LTD Business.
- Model and quantify financial impacts of LTD revenue, liabilities, and expense. Understand key LTD business drivers, how they impact the business, and the implications to forecasts and plans.
- Design, develop and maintain reporting models, tools to drive insights and accountability for the LTD Business.
- Financial Analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual LTD Business Results.
- Updates and prepares monthly financial and operational KPI’s, highlighting trends and providing analytical insight into the financial drivers of LTD product performance.
- Collaborates with cross-functional business partners (Actuarial Team, Controller’s Team, Expense Team, Underwriting, BIU/Sales, Ops Team) in support of forecasting, results analysis and ad-hoc projects.
- Develop LTD sales analysis, KPI’s aimed at understanding product profitability by sub-segment.
- Participate in enterprise and departmental initiatives.
- Support the Disability Finance team by driving workflow and reporting efficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree Economics, Finance, or Accounting Degree (MBA would be a plus)
- 5 years related work experience.
- Advanced Excel Modeling (Macros, Vlookup, Pivot,), PowerPoint and Word
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proactive with an aptitude for problem solving and process improvement.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and business partnering skills with demonstrated experience building strong relationships.
- Ability to routinely work on multiple task with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Detail-oriented, eager, willing to learn.
- Solution focused, with a "Can Do , Does What It Takes" work ethic.
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.