Well met, students! Blizzard Entertainment's university relations (UR) team here, and before we turn this job description over to the finance team to talk about the scope of the role, we'd like to say thanks for your interest and for (hopefully) taking the initiative to apply.
Our new grad program is focused on helping you - oh intrepid, graduating student - begin your career in the gaming industry in the most direct way possible. Blizzard's not an easy place to get into, that's true, but we believe we're a studio well worthy of your career. For over twenty years now, employees have established and continue to cultivate a culture built on passion, collaboration, creativity, and fun. Put simply, we legitimately love doing what we do for a living, and we're proud to offer you an opportunity to do the same. Good luck!
Blizzard has an opening for an associate financial analyst at its beautiful Irvine, California headquarters. This individual will assist with the company's forecast and annual budgeting processes. In addition, the individual will provide financial strategic support to management including preparing financial presentations, financial analysis, and other projects requested by management.Eligibility Requirements
- Currently enrolled in college or university
- Graduating between December 2016 - August 2017
- Authorized to work in the US
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial and operating reports including but not limited to monthly operating statements, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, and budget data.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and long range plans.
- Assist in the development and production of monthly dashboard reports, providing regular updates on YTD, QTD and MTD performance to management.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Assist with the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools.
- Support management team and department heads with ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Assist in preparing presentations and supporting materials for management. Additional departmental duties as needed and assigned, of which the above are representative.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related areas
- Highest standards of accuracy and attention to detail in a dynamic, multitasking environment
- Excellent organizational skills at coordinating and consolidating inputs across multiple functions
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves and work in a hands-on capacity
- Team player capable of communicating and collaborating across global and cross-functional partners
- Solid knowledge of general accounting and financial planning
- Able to vary work hours as needed to interface with global teammates
- Able to work independently, with limited direction
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Required Application Materials
- Accounting and finance experience in a publicly traded company
- Experience with Hyperion
- Experience in video game, software, or entertainment industries
- Passion for video games, especially Blizzard products and MMORPGs
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.