Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
MetLife’s Investments Department manages a diversified portfolio of public and private assets across fixed income and equity sectors, which include government and corporate bonds, structured finance, real estate and agricultural investments.
This position within Fund Management will provide analysis, oversight and evaluation of MetLife’s US Separate Account investment managers including assisting with the build out of the manager oversight infrastructure, qualitative/ quantitative metrics, peer / benchmark comparisons, manager reviews / due diligence and reporting dashboards for the overall business.
- Manager Selection: Quantitative screening (e.g., performance evaluation, risk analysis, style consistency, peer group / benchmark comparisons). Qualitative evaluation (e.g., management/organization, personnel, culture, etc.). Monitor and evaluate industry and market trends.
- Review / analyze portfolio performance including: performance relative to benchmark / peers, quantitative independent analysis such as risk adjusted returns, regime specific performance, performance attribution by style, market cap, region, sector and factor.
- Monitor fund families and manager headlines for news events; report on business impact, concentrations and concerns.
- Infrastructure Build Out: Develop tools and reporting dashboards to monitor existing managers and capture anomalies at the firm, fund and manager level. Create internal dashboards of manager / fund exposures by investment styles (passive / active), sectors (such as equities, fixed income, balanced, and alternatives) and mandates.
- Review fund descriptions to ensure accurate investment strategy descriptions and risk disclosures.
- Review investment guidelines and evaluate modifications for new security types and investment techniques.
- 5+ years of investment experience preferably gained through relevant pension / endowment / foundation / sovereign wealth fund / investment consulting / private wealth experience
- MBA and/or CFA preferred, other investment certifications a plus
- Strong quantitative and technical skills
- Working knowledge of multiple investment strategies and asset classes
- Ability to work effectively with others across multiple departments, teams and levels
- Proficiency with investment analytics (e.g. Bloomberg, POINT, BondEdge, eVestment, Morningstar, Lipper)
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 42823
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.