The successful General Adjuster/Associate General Adjuster candidate will plan, recommend, reserve and execute the investigation, valuation, disposition and settlement of large commercial and personal lines property claims in a manner consistent with corporate claim settlement policies and procedures and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements throughout the United States as appropriate.
The individual in this position will work to achieve fair, equitable and timely claim dispositions and properly assess the indemnity and expense exposure of assigned claims. They will report to a Property Major Case Manager and operate in a team environment that will develop and share business knowledge and claim handling expertise with team members and business partners. Qualifications:
AGA/GA role will be determined based on the experience and skill set of the selected candidate.
- The AGA/GA should have a strong functional knowledge of claims and be able to appropriately interpret and apply insurance coverage.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span
- 5 years experience as adjuster handling complex property losses, required (must be evident on resume) preferably with a carrier.
- Cost estimation preferably using Xactimate and computer competencies required.
- Ability to handle business income losses
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Property Claim Law and jurisdictional issues
- Disciplined time management and organizational skills and ability to function in a self-reliant manner
- Availability for nationwide catastrophe operations as necessary
- Must have MS Office knowledge (ie Excel)
- Must reside in Southeast.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD