We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose
. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com . Functional Description:
Many of the roles within the Global Procurement function have global accountabilities and develop global strategies through partnership with local teams and the sharing of best practices. The Global Procurement function is made up of the following six Procurement Centers of Excellence (COEs):
What you can expect:
- The Advertising and Marketing (A&M) COE is responsible for direct negotiations with our global advertising and media agencies to drive greater levels of value creation to fuel growth of our brands around the World.
- The Services/IT COE is responsible for setting sourcing strategies and contracting IT goods and services and travel services globally. Additionally, the team is responsible for sourcing professional services for several of PepsiCo's corporate functions located in North America, including Human Resources, Corporate Communications and Finance. The team works as a global team to deliver optimal value to the PepsiCo business teams.
- The Packaging COE is responsible for sourcing all of our brands packaging requirements around the world. Teams of procurement professionals are grouped into Centers of Excellence e.g. Cans COE. These teams have deep industry knowledge of the package types in their category of responsibility and are responsible for the sourcing strategy for that category.
- The Fruit & Vegetable (F&V) COE is responsible for procuring strategic fruit, juices and vegetables for PepsiCo's businesses globally. Major buying categories include citrus, apple, and tropical and stone fruits. Key objectives include finding the most efficacious and cost effective F&V ingredients to help fuel our rapid growth in our global nutrition products.
- The Grains, Sweeteners & Oils COE is responsible for procuring sweeteners (sugar/corn-based sweeteners/high intensity sweeteners), grains (corn/wheat/oats) and vegetable oils for PepsiCo across the food and beverage business globally. The COE has deep expertise in commodity risk management, productivity delivery, enabling innovation and growth as well as sustainable agro supply chains.
- The Indirects COE is responsible for sourcing all other goods and services required by PepsiCo to run our business. A few examples of these goods and services include logistics services which move our products out to the market and operational supplies to run the hundreds of PepsiCo factories around the world. The Indirects COE works closely as a global team to leverage PepsiCo's buying power at the highest level.
Qualifications/Requirements What we're looking for:
- Develop comprehensive procurement strategies and programs that improve quality, productivity, sustainability and innovation
- Develop expertise in procurement fundamentals and categories
- Gain exposure to category contracts and supplier management
- Gather and analyze data to provide meaningful insights
- Work with cross-functional global teams on unique and focused project work
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Finance, Economics, Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Agribusiness, or Agronomy (other related majors may be considered)
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Highly focused, analytical thinkers
- Cross-functional collaborators with strong communication and influence skills
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your career (academic or professional)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Prior knowledge and/or experience with a consumer packaged goods corporation is preferred
- Experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, operations, supply chain, or consulting is preferred
- Location can vary but (in most cases) roles will be based in Plano, TX or Purchase, NY
- Be completing their final year of graduate (Master's level) studies
- Hold an MBA degree prior to the intended full time start date.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser. Relocation Eligible
Eligible for Standard Relocation