The Associate Instructional Designer (AID) designs and develops learning solutions for associates in all areas of The Home Depot's operations. The AID creates deliverables for all phases of the course creation lifecycle including analysis documents, design documents, storyboards, and final learning deliverables that align to the overall business goals. The AID collaborates effectively with peers, leaders, and business partners to build learning solutions that align to desired outcomes and ensure learning deliverables meet and exceed The Home Depot's quality standards.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 50%- Identify, curate, and collect information based on project needs, and create storyboards and develop error-free instructional material in various formats. Test and debug deliverables for quality assurance.
- 20% - Coordinate internal and external subject matter experts to obtain required job and task information
- 10% - Know standard eLearning development tools and software (Articulate Storyline and Presenter, Adobe Captivate).
- 10% - Proactively communicate task and project status to client group and management
- 10% - Review and edit material against accepted THD standards for quality
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Manager Learning.
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree preferred (or equivalent Home Depot experience)
- Experience in education or learning field, or similar work experience
- Experience creating training deliverables for retail organizations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theories
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of standard eLearning development tools
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!