Covariance Capital Management is an investment management firm that provides customized endowment management services to investors with long-term investment horizons, including educational and healthcare institutions, foundations and other not-for-profits. As a full-service investment office, we partner with institutions to provide comprehensive discretionary outsourced CIO services across all asset classes including fixed income, public equity, private equity, private real assets and hedge funds.
Covariance has a growing team of professionals possessing extensive experience from both the for-profit and non-profit asset management industry, and is distinguished by its skill in the management of alternative assets.
Covariance is a registered investment adviser and is an independent operating subsidiary of Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA).
Covariance Capital Management, an outsourced CIO firm with investment offices in Houston and Chicago, is seeking an Investment Associate to join its investment team. As an Associate, you will support the due diligence efforts in sourcing, approving and monitoring the firm’s investments in third-party private market and public market managers. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated passion for investing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Support the front office manager due diligence effort. Prepare for and attend meetings with third-party investment managers. Document all pertinent information derived from the meetings.
- Assist in the sourcing of new managers
- Provide research, analysis and recommendations to the investment committee on prospective investments, including the authoring of investment approval memos
- Monitor existing investments through tracking and analyzing existing managers’ performance, holdings, exposures and risk metrics
- Generate portfolio and manager level reports
- Provide timely market data to the investment team
- Complete special projects as assigned by the CIO and other senior investment personnel
- Bachelor’s degree; completion of or significant progress toward the CFA or CAIA designation a plus
- Minimum of two years of investment experience sourcing and allocating capital to managers specializing in alternative investment strategies such as buyout, venture capital, private real assets, private credit or hedge funds. Strong sourcing abilities in private markets a plus.
Prior investment experience working for an endowment, foundation, family office, fund of funds or outsourced CIO preferred
- Strong Excel skills required; experience leveraging VBA a plus
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017