The Global Portfolio, Analysis and Reporting (GPAR) Team is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our New York team to support on-going portfolio analysis. This individual will be responsible for providing both standard and ad hoc reporting and analytics to colleagues throughout Investment Management, with a focus on equity portfolios attribution, composite construction and performance related queries from MSIM Front Office. The individual should have a willingness and interest in continually expanding one's knowledge of the investment process, finance/economics, and applied investment analytical skills. The group has a strong, team-based orientation, yet relies upon its members to take responsibility and ownership of their coverage responsibilities and client base. Thorough professionalism in all technical and non-technical aspects of the position is required.
• Provide performance attribution, composite construction/oversight, and reporting for assigned areas of product coverage.
• Produce, verify, and approve standard attribution on a monthly basis. Respond to requests to compile custom analysis and detailed examination of calculations and output.
• Respond to ad hoc attribution requests. These reports are generally structured according to the specifications of the investment team and/or clients.
• One to one interaction with portfolio managers/analysts, product specialists, client service administrators, and other investment professionals on a variety of issues relating to investment performance and the decomposition of returns.
• Work with other colleagues in the global organization to streamline/increase efficiency and accuracy of the GPAR Team processes.
• Project work as needed relating to the GPAR Team.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field.
• 3-6 years of relevant experience.
• Working knowledge of the investment process and referential data for equity products.
• Asset management performance calculation and reporting experience and CFA Institute Guidelines.
• Understanding of attribution theory and practice.
• In depth knowledge of GIPS and best practices.
• Experience in using FactSet, Bloomberg, BlackRock, and Lipper LANA. Additional proprietary tools are also used.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills along with a high attention to detail.
• Advanced knowledge of Power Point and Excel, including designing, creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets, queries, reports and charts.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Highly proactive and energetic with a focus toward client service.
• Strong individual initiative with the ability to take a proactive approach to assigned projects and new team initiatives.
• Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.