Our client is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high pressure environment as an Associate IT Support Technician. This individual must be an IT professional capable of providing IT services and support for end users and offices across a number of locations, both domestic and International.
What You'll Work On:
* Provides IT support to the end-user community, this includes all desktop computing hardware and software and peripherals.
* Perform timely and accurate repetitive IT tasks related to delivery and collection of IT hardware.
* Will be required to lead problem resolution activities in order to get technology incidents and problems resolved.
* Will be expected to take ownership for assigned incidents and tasks, and contact required resources both inside and outside the company necessary to resolve the problem, with minimum supervision.
* Responds to request for service with experience and compliance in established time limits.
* Develops/maintains support and process documents for use by all levels of support personnel as well as end-user documentation.
* Identifies and solves any problems that affect desktop computer operating systems and troubleshoots routine problems and maintenance of systems.
* Trains employees and orients them on how to use computer hardware and software applications.
* Maintains other relevant computer peripheral devices such as monitors, printers, video or teleconference solutions.
* Supports drive imaging for desktop/laptop systems.
* Participates in weekly meetings with End User Computing staff to get updates and discuss IT service or support related matters.
* Some shift work may be required and weekend work is needed for projects.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum 1 years of experience in 1st level Corporate IT support, gained in a multi-site IT operations environment.
* Proven experience of configuring workstations/laptops and associated software.
* Excellent problem solving skills, ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver results timely, reliably and correctly.
* Experience with conference room technology including, video conferencing, audio conferencing, and mic/speaker setups or troubleshooting.
* Experience working on small projects and delivering against timelines.
* Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills with a strong customer service orientation.
* Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude.
* Excellent written and verbal communications.
* Must have working knowledge across all the IT disciplines including access, hardware, software, telephony, video teleconferencing, and connectivity.
* Proven time management skills.
* Ability to establish strong relationships with individuals at their peer and supervisory levels.
* Must be dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and high level trust required by IT teams for this position to be successful.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams or end users.
* Ability to work independently while collaborating with remote teams in a fast paced environment.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT Technology or another appropriately related field.
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
* A+ Certification
* Lenovo Certification
* Current Apple Certified Macintosh Technician
* Experience with ITSM Tools
* Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application installation and support
* Knowledge of server and network communications equipment, protocols (i.e. DNS and TCPIP), transmission media, security and network management practices
* Knowledge in storage and backup technologies.
* Experience with supporting Windows Operating systems and associated software or cloud applications
* Experience with Lenovo parts ordering and hardware repairs
* Experience supporting MAC OS and MAC hardware (Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro)
* Experience with remote desktop support tools
"Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance."
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.