ScientificJob DescriptionJob Summary:
The Rhode Island site has been transformed from a single product manufacturing plant, to a multi-product, flexible manufacturing site. We're looking for highly motivated individuals that aspire to be future leaders as we continue this journey and expand our site operations. Participants will interact with a multitude of functions across Amgen including Quality, Manufacturing, Facilities & Engineering, Supply Chain, Process Development, Information Systems, Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability, Finance and Human Resources.
The Amgen Rotational Leadership Development Program is committed to provide an enriching environment to inspire innovation and career growth. We're looking for college graduates who are ready to make a positive impact and use their talents to accomplish more than they thought possible. This is a rotational program anticipated to have three 8 month assignments that will span across different business functions. (Drug Substance Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering or Supply Chain) A robust training program as well as a strong mentoring support team will be part of the program.
We have positions available for our Rotational Leadership Development Program in West Greenwich, RI starting in the summer of 2017.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Supply Chain, Mathematics or Biotechnology by start date
- Minimum 3.00 GPA
- Graduation date between December 2016 and June 2017
- Previous intern and/or Co-Op experience in a professional environment
- 3.50 GPA or higher
- Proven leadership skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong word processing, presentation and spreadsheet application skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Global mindset / Willingness to relocate to other sites for future rotational assignments
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a high-performance culture
- Robust curiosity and willingness to learn
- Ability to apply research findings, gather information, interpret and analyze results, develop and implement a logical and strategic plan of action
- Ability to think critically, proactively anticipate problems and propose solutions
- Ability to work effectively/collaboratively across teams, levels of management, across partnerships, leverage contact network to motivate diverse teams, and enable cross-functional collaborations
- Basic understanding of cGMPs
- Previous intern and/or Co-Op experience in a GMP/Manufacturing environment
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. Join Us If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
A little about us:
Amgen values the leadership, skills and passion for serving that veterans exemplify and our constant commitment to hiring the best starts here.