Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Associate Manager Controlling Legal Senior Busiiness Rep Corporate, are to:
Who you are
- Prepare and coordinate forecast and budget;
- Prepare cost and FTE planning and regular deviation analysis;
- Act responsible for the development of the annual operating plan and subsequent forecasts; this includes the management and accountability for direct costs, indirect costs, and assessments across all US Divisions;
- Act as the Business Partner to the Cost Center Owners and Function Head;
- Provide insight, controlling expertise, challenge assumptions, become a valued business advisor and ensure timely exchange of information and validity of data;
- Manage regular reporting and monitoring of business performance and budget execution;
- Provide Executive Summaries for Function Heads including Deviation Analysis, Risk and Opportunities;
- Monitor and analyze vendor spending and incorporate changes in forecast;
- Perform analysis of functional performance towards functional management and business controller of divisions;
- Be accountable for Month End Closings including accrual review;
- Proactively review expenses and accruals and take corrective action;
- Proactively keep Manager and Function Head informed and aware of Risks and Opportunities;
- Remain responsible for developing and maintaining allocations with medium complexity aligned with the current Value Flows, providing deviation analysis in total and by division on allocation changes due to Value Flow, Demand, and other factors;
- Provide analysis and insight on deviations to LE and Division Controlling;
- Analyze financial data, create Executive Summaries, develop Financial and FTE Bridges for respective functional areas, and present results;
- Ensure compliance and implement Finance Controls to guarantee compliance with Bayer, GAC, and Value Flows;
- Review Cost Center Structures and Hierarchies, Master Data, build and execute Cost Center Reports utilizing for Actuals, Forecast, Budgets and Analysis, and research expenses utilizing Bayer Systems;
- Provide expertise in the Financial Systems including SAP, Planning systems, Data One, and all required Bayer Financial Systems.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS/BA in Accounting/Business with a minimum of 8 years of overall accounting and/or controlling experience;
- Ability to work on 3rd Party Systems to review and analyze spending and track incentives;
- Experienced with Complex Allocations across multiple LE's and Divisions;
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills;
- Experience interacting with all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrates experience with financial planning and reporting systems and databases (Microsoft Office, SAP, Hyperion, business warehouse tools preferred);
- Ability to utilize Pivot Tables to analyze large quantities of data;
- Skilled in prioritizing workload with competing deadlines.
- MBA +6 years' experience providing Functional Controlling expertise in managing and reporting financial commitments.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.