Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multi-national financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com .
Prudential Retirement is a market leader in providing retirement plan solutions to public, private, and non-profit organizations. The Retirement Finance department, located in Woodbridge, NJ, Hartford, CT and Scranton PA, is responsible for accounting controls, financial reporting, planning and analysis as well as financial system and product development support for the Retirement business. Our Retirement Controllers unit, located in Hartford, CT, which is responsible for accounting, financial reporting and controls of the Retirement business, has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a finance professional.
The Associate Manager of Financial Reporting position within the Controllers group is responsible for assisting in the production and analysis of actual financial results used for internal management reports, supporting the development of quarterly earnings presentations for senior financial management, providing insightful variance analysis, and supporting strategic business initiatives while maintaining the integrity of the internal control structure supporting financial reporting.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Partner with management to support the development of quarterly earnings analysis and reports for business line management, Corporate Financial Reporting, and Investor Relations.
- Consolidate and analyze financial results and account values for the Full Service and Institutional Investment Products profit centers
- Prepare variance analysis highlighting earnings drivers for GAAP and Statutory financial results
- Partner with Retirement Planning and Analysis team to support the development and analysis of forecasted financial data
- Collaborate with Retirement Business Unit and Corporate partners including Accounting, Actuarial, and Investor Relations to provide quarterly business and financial analysis
- Manage or participate in Retirement and Corporate wide ad hoc projects and requests
- Support continuous improvement and developmental efforts to streamline financial reporting processes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA and/or MBA preferred)
- Mix of public accounting and insurance industry experience preferred
- Minimum three years of public accounting/financial reporting experience preferred
- Strong financial acumen and analytical reasoning skills
- Knowledge of GAAP and Statutory accounting principles
- Experience with Oracle ledger and reporting tools a plus
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships with business partners
- Ability to work overtime during peak periods