Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience.
The Media & Analytics team based in Irvine is looking for a tremendously talented individual who can manage and support paid media campaigns across multiple franchises. This position will work closely with the media manager to build cross channel media plans for various game content launches as well as new customer acquisition.
The Associate Manager, Media Strategy, will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination, execution, and management of media plans. He/she will be required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of franchise business and ensure all media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
He/she will also work with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis. The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing, is a team player, a critical thinker, and must possess strong interpersonal skills to interface effectively with both the marketing and technical teams.
If you're up for the challenge, please read on:
- Lead and manage a team in planning functions such as channel allocation, brainstorming, brief development, plan and strategy review with the media agency/internal teams
- Manage due dates (media and creative), maintain calendar of all campaigns and where they are in the lifecycle
- Work collaboratively to build media briefs and evaluate media recommendations
- Review tactical components of media campaigns, such as flow charts, spreadsheets, and budget summaries
- Create and optimize media assets and copy to ensure desired business goals are reached on an ongoing basis
- Oversee and coordinate budget process
- Handle ad-hoc day-to-day operational task to execute media plans
- Use qualitative and quantitative research to develop insights, identify shifts in consumer behavior, and keep the team updated on the changing digital media landscape
- Managing career development for team members, including training, mentoring and conducting annual performance reviews
- BA / BS degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- A minimum of 5-years digital media analysis and planning experience from a media agency
- Understanding of programmatic marketing and audience and creative segmentation
- Experience with launching and optimizing media campaigns using complex data segmentations
- Successful track record working on large-scale, digital direct response initiatives
- Able to create general Excel pivot tables and manage spreadsheets
- Deep understanding of ad servers, DMPs, planning tools
- Ability to translate data into well-articulated ideas
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of Media Planning and Strategy, Media Buying, Account Management, and the agency environment
- Capable of working successfully within a team as well as independently
- Team player able to build and maintain strong working relationships with management, peers, and external partners
- Passion for video games, particularly Blizzard titles
- Prior entertainment client experience
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.